Seattle, WA /
At Shelf Engine, we’re harnessing the power of AI to provide real-time, intelligent forecasting for food retailers like grocery stores, food service, and cafes across the United States. We’re able to drastically reduce the amount of food waste which drives profit for retailers, lowers costs for consumers, and reduces the ecological impact of waste. We’re using technology to solve a globally-relevant problem that both creates a positive environmental impact and an exciting and massive commercial opportunity.
As a Support Engineer at Shelf Engine, you will play an important role in the pre-sales, onboarding and active account stages of our customers’ journey. You will be responsible for communicating and collaborating with our customers on areas such as data requirements, configuring, testing and troubleshooting data pipelines, and keeping track of all the accounts being onboarded. Data is the lifeblood of our business, and you’ll make sure everything is running smoothly. You will provide exceptional customer service and support via phone, web-based tools, and email. This is an excellent opportunity to join a highly-collaborative team that’s making a positive impact on the environment by reducing food waste.
As a Support Engineer at Shelf Engine, you will:
- Setup data pipelines using Shelf Engine’s tools and customer systems, including via FTP, Email and EDI.
- Collaborate with the Shelf Engine engineering team to build new product features to support the data pipeline.
- Working with parter IT departments to determine their data transfer capabilities.
- Manipulate data using Excel or other data analysis tools.
- Analyze data to ensure new customer launches have all the necessary data to run smoothly.
- Track the stages of different accounts in technical onboarding, and communicate status and blocking issues with other parts of the team.
- Document and maintain records in call tracking system of all information pertaining to customer problems or requests.
- Escalate cases in a timely manner as appropriate and act as a liaison between customers and Engineering.
- Establish and maintain work habits that allow for the timely resolution of customer problems.
- Performs related duties as required.
And we think you would make a great Support Engineer if you have:
- AS/AA in a technical field OR a combination of experience, education, and training equivalent to a two-year degree
- Exceptional customer service skills, preferably in a technical support environment
- Experience with diagnosing and troubleshooting software problems in a customer support function
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Familiarity with processes involved with onboarding new customers
- Lots of patience! Technical onboarding is tricky
- Excellent time management and customer service skills
- Must work well in a team environment and maintain high standard of professional conduct
- Familiarity with FTP and EDI is a plus
- Experience with scripting languages is a plus
- Familiarity with SQL queries is a plus
At Shelf Engine, you will join a growing team that’s hungry for change in an untapped industry. Our founders are well versed in the food industry, and have successfully built Product and Engineering teams. We’re not only solving complex technical problems at scale, but tackling key initiatives with large environmental impacts as well. We're a tight-knit and passionate team, determined to disrupt an industry with wide-ranging impact, and creating a significant commercial opportunity.
Shelf Engine is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.