Seattle, WA /
At Shelf Engine, we’re harnessing the power of AI to provide real-time, intelligent forecasting for food retailers like grocery stores, restaurants, and cafes across the United States. We’re able to drastically reduce the amount of shrink (food waste) which in turn drives profit for retailers, lowers costs for consumers, and reduces the ecological and social impacts of waste. We’re using technology to solve a globally-relevant problem that both creates a positive environmental impact and an exciting (and potentially massive) commercial opportunity.
Our team is growing and we are looking for a talented Accountant who will use their experience to help set up new processes and be a go-to person for our AP and monthly close related to our platform - no boring monthly journal entries here! In this role, you will support our system growth by analyzing new ways to reconcile accounts, perform reconciliations for vendors, ensure timely and accurate payments, work closely with our vendors (which are also our customers), and have an interest or experience with basic coding/scripting. This isn't easy since the platform base and functionality are growing, and we are automating processes constantly. What you did yesterday won’t necessarily be true tomorrow, and you’ll need to prioritize your tasks accordingly. We're early in the market, have a new type of product, and we are growing fast. This is a great opportunity for you to tap into your greatest accounting potential, detail-oriented skills, and communication prowess, and make a massive impact.
Role & responsibilities:
- Daily payment processing and remittance preparation to Platform Vendors
- New Vendor Info Collection and customer main point of contact for payable related questionsIndirect Payment Accounting and Credit Memos
- Custom Manual Invoice, Credit Memo & Statement Generation
- Custom Reports for Vendors and Related Communications
- A/P Reconciliation: Recon bills to system via emailed detail, statements and invoices. We use some code to automate this process that ideally you can do.
- Consider Product Solutions to Improve the AP Accounting on our Platform
- Monthly Reconciliations of Vendor Payments and related Balance Sheet Accounts
- Monthly Analysis and Reporting for Internal Stakeholders
- Custom Reports and Reconciliations Vendors
- Back Up for AR Accountant for cash collection, payments and invoice creation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- A minimum of 1 year of accounting experience,
- Tax or other compliance experience is a plus
- Able to manage a wide range of tasks from hand-entering data to researching and documenting new processes and discovering opportunities to ensure accuracy and streamline efforts
- Skilled at talking to a customer genuinely and clearly (tactical empathy is your first language)
- Great at getting it done well and getting it done efficiently
- Effective communicator (customers to internal stakeholders)
- Understanding project flows and being a key player in ensuring a successful completion
- Technically savvy, particularly in Excel - this is your favorite software!
- Basic coding skills in python and YAML syntax are a plus
- Authorized to work in the US
At Shelf Engine, you will join a small, powerful, customer-centric team that’s hungry for change in an untapped industry. Our founders are well versed in the food industry and have successfully built product and engineering teams. We’re not only solving complex technical problems at scale but tackling key initiatives with large environmental impacts as well. We're a tight-knit and passionate team that is determined to disrupt a massive industry and leave behind a positive legacy for generations to come.
Shelf Engine is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.