Grand Champion (MN - Minneapolis)
Minneapolis, MN /
Field Team /
At Shelf Engine, our mission is to reduce food waste through automation. We harness the power of AI to provide real-time, intelligent forecasting for food retailers like grocery stores, restaurants, and cafes across the United States. We’re able to drastically reduce the amount of food waste, which in turn drives profit for retailers, lowers costs for consumers, and reduces the negative ecological and social impacts of waste.
Shelf Engine is searching for a Grand Champion to join our growing field team in the Minneapolis area and report directly to our Head of Field Operations. In this role you will lead your region’s team of Shelf Champions to provide our customers with the highest level of service.
As a Grand Champion at Shelf, you will:
● Facilitate and manage onboarding and ongoing training of new team members
● Lead performance management, including initial assessment period, regular check-ins, and individual performance issues in a professional and timely manner
● Cultivate relationships with location department managers and leads
● Weekly schedule and route creation for your team, and flexibility to cover routes and shifts in the event of unscheduled absences
● Review and manage team timecards, including final approval each pay period
● Monitor Slack for any issues and escalate concerns to the correct department
● Coordinate special projects, including the timing, scope, staffing needs, and monitoring of progress
● Other tasks and responsibilities as needed - we are fast-paced and rely on flexibility and ambition to get the job done!
We think you’d make a great Grand Champion if:
● You have 1+ years of supervisory experience (preferred)
● You have a high attention to detail
● You are a quick learner and creative problem solver
● You are able to work independently in an ambiguous environment
● You are adaptable to change in a fast-moving company
● You are authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer
At Shelf Engine, you will join an inclusive team of driven, passionate, and caring people hungry for change in an untapped industry. Our founders are well versed in the food industry and have successfully built product and engineering teams. We’re not only solving complex technical problems at scale but tackling key initiatives with large environmental impacts. We're a tight-knit and passionate team that is determined to disrupt a massive industry and leave behind a positive legacy for generations to come.
Shelf Engine is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.