Seattle, WA or Remote /
At Shelf Engine, we’re harnessing the power of AI to provide real-time, intelligent forecasting for food retailers like grocery stores, restaurants, and cafes across the United States. We’re able to drastically reduce the amount of shrink (food waste) which in turn drives profit for retailers, lowers costs for consumers, and reduces the ecological and social impacts of waste. We’re using technology to solve a globally-relevant problem that both creates a positive environmental impact and an exciting (and potentially massive) commercial opportunity.
Shelf Engine is looking for a talented Business Analyst to join our Analyst team. In this role, you will work with multiple teams across functions to gather insights from the data we collect, solve problems, and present findings. You will use these insights and work directly with Sr. Leadership to develop strategies and to help us make informed data-driven decisions as we continue to scale our team. You will become an expert in our customers’ businesses, analyzing the impact Shelf Engine can or has had on their business. You will also analyze data and prepare reports detailing Shelf Engine's own success and present these metrics to the team.
Objectives for this role:
- Improve, execute, and effectively communicate significant analyses that identify meaningful trends and opportunities across the business
- Participate in regular meetings with management and team members, assessing and addressing issues to identify and implement improvements toward efficient operations and improved customer relationships.
- Provide strong and timely business analytic decisions to support business partners, various organizational stakeholders, and customer inquiries
- Develop actionable roadmaps for improving workflows and business intelligence tools, and establish and organizing company KPIs
Duties and responsibilities:
- Interpret data, analyze results, and prepare reports and dashboards
- Act as a liaison between teams, analyzing and interpreting data to support decision-making processes
- Prepare, analyze, and summarize various weekly, monthly, and periodic results for use by various key stakeholders, by creating and maintaining reports and instructions
- Conduct full lifecycle of analytics projects, including pulling, manipulating, and exporting data from project requirements to design, execution, and sharing results in an appropriate meaningful manner
- Evaluate key performance indicators, provide ongoing reports, and recommend business proposals
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain related database sources
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities for automation and access to tools for stakeholders
- Monitor analysis projects to improve processing time, decision-making structure, and prioritization
Skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in mathematics, business management, economics, or a hard science
- 3+ years of business analysis experience
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-growing start-up. Able to learn quickly.
- Passion for data, growth mindset, eager to solve problems
- Ability to work independently - able to see what needs to be done and doing it without waiting for direction
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to communicate clearly and appropriately to all types of stakeholders and as needed by the business
- Clearly identify deficiencies, measure them, and determine the path forward; including all of the impacts to all parts of the company or customer
- Ability to think on feet, work with the data, and make quick analysis depending on the ROI of the ask
- Ability to ask the right questions, when someone needs to understand an issue or outcome; particularly if they have no way to fully develop the specifics of the ask on their own
- Ability to build relationships with internal and external customers, to create confidence, summarize confidently, and ensure the point comes across quickly and accurately
- Adept at report writing and presenting findings in a polished way
- Experience with reporting packages; BI Tools (Tableau) and databases (SQL, etc), desired but not required
- Finance experience is a plus, specifically, analysis of profit: understanding of income statements, financial modeling and reporting
- Authorized to work in the US
At Shelf Engine, you will join a small, powerful, customer-centric team that’s hungry for change in an untapped industry. Our founders are well versed in the food industry and have successfully built product and engineering teams. We’re not only solving complex technical problems at scale but tackling key initiatives with large environmental impacts as well. We're a tight-knit and passionate team that is determined to disrupt a massive industry and leave behind a positive legacy for generations to come.
Shelf Engine is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.