Regional Field Team Manager (East Coast)
Field Team /
At Shelf Engine, our mission is to reduce food waste through automation. We harness the power of AI to provide real-time, intelligent forecasting for food retailers like grocery stores, restaurants, and cafes across the United States. We’re able to drastically reduce the amount of shrink (food waste) which in turn drives profit for retailers, lowers costs for consumers, and reduces the negative ecological and social impacts of waste.
Shelf Engine is searching for a Regional Field Team Manager on the East Coast to join our growing field team. This person will report directly to our Head of Field Operations. In this role, you will lead multiple markets to provide our customers with the highest level of service.
As a Regional Field Team Manager at Shelf Engine, you will:
- Embrace our company principles through inclusive, authentically-kind, and empathetic interactions with our team and our customers
- Manage markets in collaboration with Grand Champions (the Leaders of our Inventory and Merchandising Specialist teams), and own markets that don't yet have local leadership
- Create and maintain regional budgets and P&L, including providing monthly summaries to track discrepancies
- Partner with Accounting and other departments to correct known issues
- Develop Grand Champions to succeed, helping them with routing, scheduling, and personnel issues
- Identify and develop regional support specialists who can assist with launches, training, and support special missions
- Partner with the Launch Lead to plan for upcoming launches
- Conduct regular weekly or bi-weekly 1:1 meetings with Grand Champions
- Lead the quarterly performance review process in markets that don't yet have local leadership, and support Grand Champions in the assessment and delivery of reviews for their team
- Engage with regional customer leadership, including scheduling and conducting regular meetings
- Monitor and improve regional and in-market dashboards, including data interpretation and recommending performance and training improvements to Grand Champions and Shelf Champions
- Act as backup support in other regions for both Regional Field Team Managers and Grand Champions
- Partner with HR and Recruiting to identify hiring needs for both Shelf Champion and Grand Champion roles
- Work with Field Team leadership to create quarterly goals and empower Grand Champions to track and deliver results
- Partner with Customer Success team to engage and help each market exceed customer expectations
- Provide in-market leadership on vendor relationships to improve performance and proactively address issues
- Train and provide continued support to new Regional Field Team Members
And we think you would make a great Regional Field Team Manager if:
- You have experience managing regionally-diverse teams (1+ year experience preferred)
- You are an excellent communicator
- You have high attention to detail
- You are a quick learner and creative problem solver
- You are able to work independently in an ambiguous environment
- You are adaptable to change in a fast-moving company
- You are authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer
At Shelf Engine, you will join an inclusive team of driven, passionate, and caring people hungry for change in an untapped industry. Our founders are well versed in the food industry and have successfully built product and engineering teams. We’re not only solving complex technical problems at scale but tackling key initiatives with large environmental impacts. We're a tight-knit and passionate team that is determined to disrupt a massive industry and leave behind a positive legacy for generations to come.
Shelf Engine is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.