New York City
ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY
We are seeking a Production Manager to oversee SHHHOWERCAP’s domestic production. This role will be based out of our HQ in Soho, New York. The Production Manager will also spend time onsite at our factories and warehouses. This person will manage internal processes and will be responsible for managing our supply chain. The right candidate will be detail oriented and process focused, have existing US based production contacts, and relevant fashion experience working within the activewear/lingerie vertical.
This person will work closely with the Operations lead and management, and will serve as primary contact for factories, suppliers, and manage production tracking, with QC of the final product. This person will identify opportunities to improve quality, cost, process and execution and work closely with team to coordinate and ensure timely delivery of all goods. This position requires the ability to adapt in a rapidly changing and growing environment and requires strong project management skills working with internal and external partners.
Ideally, you have years of experience working internally at a company that manufactures a luxury line of quality goods, specifically within swim or activewear. You have supported an organization's scaling in both e-commerce and traditional retail. The ideal candidate understands the intricacies involved in managing a supply chain across multiple products and SKUs. You'd be a key member of the founding team – so you should be comfortable wearing many hats, take a proactive approach to problem solving, and thrive in a fast paced environment.
Specific Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with the CEO, Design, And Operations team for seamless and timely production
- Provide analysis for cost efficiencies and overall optimization of domestic supply chain
- Countersource new vendors to achieve cost-savings at every point of our supply chain
- Implement internal processes and reporting structure (Time & Action calendars, Update of Tech Packs, Pattern Markers, etc)
- Manage the raw materials inventory and place orders against annual, quarterly, and monthly sales projections
- Maintain day to day contact with factories and complete occasional on site visits to guarantee both quality and quantity expectations are met
- Work with current production partners and evaluate opportunities to onboard additional ones as we continue to scale
- Collaborate with Founder/Creative Director on new innovations and future collections
- Bachelor's degree from respected fashion institution
- At least 5 years experience in managing production for established brands or quickly-growing startups (activewear or lingerie a plus)
- Familiar with Google docs and comfortable with trends in modern technology
- Strong negotiation skills as well as sense of accountability and ownership
- You are a motivated self-starter, and problem solver, with a proven track record of being a collaborative team player
- You are passionate about design, fashion, and innovation keeping up to date with trends and publications
- Process oriented. You are comfortable (and enjoy) working with spreadsheets and timelines
- Communication is key. You are personable and confident managing any and all relationships.
- You are optimistic by nature with a driven "go getter" mentality, and excited to be on the ground floor of a high-growth company
- You know that you shouldn't wash your hair every day.
If you're a passionate hustler who wants to join a fast-growing company and make your mark, we'd love to hear from you.