People Ops (HR Associate)
New York City
Does this mission excite you? Maximize employee happiness, cultivate a measurably engaged team, and raise the ceiling on our ability to communicate and work together productively.
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
- Own and maintain our HR systems (we use JustWorks) and documentation to ensure compliance and accuracy.
- Help design and implement quarterly 360 Reviews company-wide (refining survey questions, organizing peer reviewers, scheduling review sessions, following up with clear recommendations for individual team members, translating feedback into training recommendations)
- Lead the recruiting process in both prospecting and first round phone screens and interviews of inbound applicants.
- Create, launch, and manage our Employee Recognition program (how are we recognizing and shining a light on our team members for things big and small?)
- Prepare offer letters, comp packages, and handle the negotiations for all new talent at SHHHOWERCAP.
- Manage compliance with regulatory agencies (EEOC, OSHA, etc.), and stay up to date on federal, state, and local labor laws to make sure we're always one step ahead.
- Create and manage the “employee engagement dashboard” (tracking sentiment, happiness, etc.) and regularly report to leadership/executive team with recommendations
- Manage the administration of benefits plans, leaves of absence (FMLA/CFRA/PFL, STD, etc.), and on- and offboarding.
- Act as a trusted liaison with any outside agencies (EDD, IRS, etc.) to coordinate on employees’ and SHHHOWERCAP’s behalf.
- Build strong relationships across SHHHOWERCAP, and a reputation as a trusted partner that team members can come to for questions and concerns with both confidence and comfort.
- Regularly help assess company-wide policy and compensation and ensure we're always doing the right thing.
- Own benefits administration (new hire onboarding, enrollments, JustWorks point of contact).
- Serve as the go-to contact for ad hoc People Ops requests (payroll questions, HRIS support, workers’ comp claims, timesheets, etc).
If you're a passionate hustler who wants to join a fast-growing company and make your mark, we'd love to hear from you.