New York City
SHHHOWERCAP is a game changing reinvention of the shower cap, for both form and function. We're challenging, and changing, perception of this outdated beauty item, for the 90% women that don't wash their hair every day.
The patented innovation is the brainchild of Jackie De Jesu, an ex advertising Creative Director. Her creative skills and problem solving have created the first brand of its kind -- capturing this one of a kind whitespace opportunity and creating an entirely new category of hair care.
Having disrupted the category since its inception, SHHHOWERCAP has experienced unprecedented growth in the two and half years since launch. Featured in VOGUE, FORBES, The New York Times, Glamour, Fast Company, Today Show, Essence, Refinery29, Byrdie (and many others). We're currently stocked in retailers across the world -- Neiman Marcus, Sephora, Revolve, and Goop. Through prestigious independent stockists and a powerful digital presence, the brand continues to show incredible growth in both e-comm and wholesale selling channels.
Within our larger company mission at DEEJAYZOO, our future innovations will continue to solve the problems of today's women through the power of design thinking. In the beauty category, and beyond.
The SHHHOWERCAP team is made up of strong, smart, capable women who never settle. We'd love to meet you.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
SHHHOWERCAP is looking for a VP Finance. This person will be an expert in both operational and strategic finance. Accounting experience is a plus. The VP of Finance will be responsible for all financial activities at SHHHOWERCAP including but not limited to: forecasting, managing cash flow, financial modeling and strategic variance analysis. We are seeking someone who has deep experience with both high-level growth strategy and granular cost analysis. The ideal candidate has years of experience working internally at a company that manufactures and sells a physical good, ideally in fashion or beauty. They have supported an organization's scaling in both e-commerce and traditional retail. The ideal candidate understands the fiscal intricacies involved in managing a supply chain, production, and inventory levels across multiple products and SKUs. You'd be a key member of the founding team – so you should be comfortable wearing many hats, taking a proactive approach to problem solving, and you should thrive in a fast paced start-up environment.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
- Drive key strategic decision-making, partnering with the CEO, VP of Operations, production and sales departments
- Develop the accounting and finance reporting structure that can grow with usOwn the forecasting and build sophisticated omnichannel revenue models
- Generate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports against established benchmarks and business goalsContinuously evolve insights and analysis to help inform decision-making, improve organizational performance, and drive overall business growth
- Manage accounting team and oversee day to day bookkeeping needs of the businessGenerate all materials required to present to potential investors, lenders, and board members
- Understand the landscape of digital marketing to pressure test budget allocations and overarching digital strategies
- Occasionally assist the operations and sales teams with long term inventory planning
- Analyze cost efficiencies and opportunitiesManage relationships with our vendor partners and financial institutions
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics or related field. MBA preferred.
- At least 5 years experience in corporate finance, ideally working at a startup or a product-based e-commerce business
- Experience in a data-driven management consulting, investment banking, or business analytics role is a plus
- A notable expert in Microsoft Excel - you believe there is no problem that can't be solved with a spreadsheet
- You’ve worked directly with marketing teams to evaluate and understand budget planning
- You are as comfortable creating the strategy as you are implementing it, and vice versa
- Strong organizational and communication skills, as well as strong sense of accountability and ownership
- You are a have a proven track record of being a collaborative team player!
- You are personally passionate about design, fashion, and innovation
- You are optimistic by nature, have a driven "go getter" mentality, and are excited to be on the ground floor of a high-growth company
- You know that you shouldn't wash your hair every day.
If you're a passionate hustler who wants to join a fast-growing company and make your mark, we'd love to hear from you.