Graphic Designer / Art Director
New York City
About This Role -- We are looking for the right someone that is as proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite as they are passionate about fashion & beauty. This person will have the privilege of working directly with our CEO and Creative Director on a wide variety of creative and inspiring projects. You should be a self-starter, eager to stretch your skills, and passionate about creating the most thoughtful, beautiful, impactful, creative work possible.
- Lead the brand’s visual identity initiatives across all touch points both internal and external
- Develop creative assets to be used online across entire brand ecosystem (campaigns, title treatments, packaging, blog content, posters, newsletters, collateral, lookbooks, social posts, web pages, collateral)
- Work directly with our award winning Creative Director to develop best in class design concepts
- Propose new initiatives and projects that champion brand building by design
- Partner with our Brand Communications (writer) and Social Media Manager in a Copywriter/Art Director capacity for conceptual advertising and execution of social media campaigns
- Concept and develop mood boards for the art direction of all brand photoshoots
- Manage the retouching process of our images from start to finish
- Develop breakthrough packaging and brand system extensions for new product launches and ongoing product developments.
- Source and onboard new creative collaborators from photographers to illustrators
- Light retouching of photography selects and managing the curation our asset library
- Working directly with vendors to cost and produce projects from merch to experiential graphics and signage
- Develop templates and design systems for newsletters and social content
- Lead Junior Designers/Creative Interns in projects and creative development
- Occasionally, taking photos in studio or on location to be used as content on social media or in other marketing materials
- 7+ years in Graphic Design, Art Director, or content creator role (preferably at least one year in-house on the brand side)
- Located in NYC
- Exceptional handle of typography and visual communication
- Passion for design, branding, type, fashion/beauty, the internet, culture, and social media
- Experience with a wide range of creative applications (Photoshop, inDesign, Illustrator, etc.) and content formats (image, GIF, video, web)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Team player!
- Excellent attitude
- Passionate about the work they make and excitement to give it your all
- Works well under pressure with great personal time management skills
- Enjoys the self satisfying payoff that comes as a result from doing your best work
If you're a passionate hustler who wants to join a fast-growing company and make your mark, we'd love to hear from you.