Design Lead / Art Director
New York City /
About This Role -- We are looking for the right someone that is as proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite as they are passionate about fashion & beauty. You should have your finger on the pulse of pop culture, be up on all the coolest blogs and trends with truly impeccable taste. You are CONCEPTUAL AND STRATEGIC. Not just 'making things pretty' This person will have the privilege of working directly with our CEO and Creative Director on a wide variety of creative and inspiring projects from packaging to on set with nationwide campaigns and commercials. You should be a self-starter, eager to stretch your skills, and passionate about creating the most thoughtful, beautiful, impactful, creative work possible.
- Lead the brand’s visual identity initiatives across all touch points both internal and external
- Develop creative assets to be used online across entire brand ecosystem (campaigns, title treatments, packaging, blog content, posters, newsletters, collateral, lookbooks, social posts, web pages, collateral)
- Work directly with our award winning Creative Director to develop best in class design concepts
- Propose new initiatives and projects that champion brand building by design
- Partner with our Brand Communications (writer) and Social Media Manager in a Copywriter/Art Director capacity for conceptual advertising and execution of social media campaigns
- Concept and develop mood boards for the art direction of all brand photoshoots
- Manage the retouching process of our images from start to finish
- Develop breakthrough packaging and brand system extensions for new product launches and ongoing product developments.
- Source and onboard new creative collaborators from photographers to illustrators
- Light retouching of photography selects and managing the curation our asset library
- Working directly with vendors to cost and produce projects from merch to experiential graphics and signage
- Develop templates and design systems for newsletters and social content
- Lead Junior Designers/Creative Interns in projects and creative development
- Occasionally, taking photos in studio or on location to be used as content on social media or in other marketing materials
- 7+ years in Graphic Design, Art Director, or content creator role (preferably at least one year in-house on the brand side)
- Located in NYC
- Exceptional handle of typography and visual communication
- Passion for design, branding, type, fashion/beauty, the internet, culture, and social media
- Experience with a wide range of creative applications (Photoshop, inDesign, Illustrator, etc.) and content formats (image, GIF, video, web)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Team player!
- Excellent attitude
- Passionate about the work they make and excitement to give it your all
- Works well under pressure with great personal time management skills
- Enjoys the self satisfying payoff that comes as a result from doing your best work
If you're a passionate hustler who wants to join a fast-growing company and make your mark, we'd love to hear from you.