Staff Engineer, Developer Experience (DC)
Washington DC Metro Area /
Hivemind Edge – Hivemind Edge /
Full Time Employee
Introduction to Shield AI
Shield AI’s mission is to protect service members and civilians with intelligent systems. Shield AI is a fast growing, venture-backed defense-technology company built around a team of proven executives, distinguished warfighters, and world-class AI engineers. Since 2018, Shield AI’s products and people have supported operations around the world with the US Department of Defense and our allies. Most recently, we acquired Heron Systems and Martin UAV as wholly owned subsidiaries of Shield AI. Join our team and shape the future of artificially intelligent systems.
Are you a passionate and innovative Software Engineer looking to build the foundations of state-of-the-art AI products? Are you eager to make a positive difference in the world? Do you want to work alongside mission driven and values focused teammates? Then Shield AI is just the place for you! As an engineer on the Developer Experience team, you will help us rapidly develop and deploy secure and reliable robotic systems.
Our preference would be for this person to work on a hybrid basis out of either our Frisco, TX, San Diego, CA, or Washington DC offices.
What you'll do:
- Be a part of a team of software engineers implementing CI/CD solutions at scale and developing software products to accelerate all areas of engineering within the company.
- Develop supported paved paths for engineers to quickly build and iteratesolutions upon.
- Implement software solutions and develop processes necessary for a fast and reliable development life cycle.
- Collaborate with a diverse group of supportive and highly motivated engineers from various disciplines to create reliable and secure autonomous intelligent systems to protect lives.
- Contribute to cloud and on-prem infrastructure for continuous testing in simulated and live environments.
- Define testing frameworks that ensure a smooth deployment of new versions of robotic systems.
- Work with a team dedicated to improving the business every day.
Our tech stack and tools include:
- Ubuntu Linux based development environment
- Targeting the NVIDIA Xavier and Qualcomm RB5 release targets
- Azure DevOps
- Docker and Kubernetes
- CMake and Bazel for C++ build
- VS Code / vim / etc...
- Hardware in the loop
Projects that you might work on:
- Build optimization and tools for build introspection
- Real-time monitoring and reporting dashboards
- Remote developer workflows
- Enterprise scale build orchestration
- Cross Platform (ARM,x86) build and test orchestration
- Company-wide software automation solutions
- Working with software engineering on release strategies and automated release tools
- Writing CMake and conan build files
- Writing deployment tools for robots
- Coordinate between autonomy and platform software teams for best-in-the-class developer tool creation
- Minimum of 10 years of real-world experience building automation solutions for continuous integration (CI) and continuous deployment (CD) and a Bachelor’s degree OR 8 years and a Master’s degree OR 5 years and PhD
- C++ build system knowledge
- Intermediate C++ knowledge
- Expertise with a majority of the technology above
- Experience with development tools for CI/CD
- Experience with cloud deployment and monitoring
- You have a demonstrated record of working hard, being a trustworthy teammate, holding yourself and others to high standards, and being kind to others
Salary Range: $116,164- $185,560 Annually + Bonus + Benefits + Equity (if applicable)
Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, licenses and certifications, and specific work location. Information on the benefits offered is here.
If you're interested in being part of our team, apply now!
Shield AI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To conform to U.S. Government regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.