Dallas, TX /
Martin UAV – Product Management /
Full Time Employee
Introduction to Shield AI
Shield AI’s mission is to protect service members and civilians with intelligent systems. Shield AI is a fast growing, venture-backed defense-technology company built around a team of proven executives, distinguished warfighters, and world-class AI engineers. Since 2018, Shield AI’s products and people have supported operations around the world with the US Department of Defense and our allies. Most recently, we acquired Heron Systems and Martin UAV as wholly owned subsidiaries of Shield AI. Join our team and shape the future of artificially intelligent systems.
Our V-BAT team is seeking to hire a talented Product Manager to focus on our V-BAT COCO ( Company Owned Company Operated) projects and will deliver functional excellence within product management. You will be responsible for setting the VBAT strategy for the company and all VBAT COCO related operations and outcomes concerning customers, engineering, business development, customer success and training, and production and sustainment.
What you will do:
- Define and manage the prioritization of evolving COCO requirements to optimize engineering work streams and impact.
- Oversee management and implementation of processes in support of the operations, as well as engagement with operators/customers as required to achieve objectives.
- Establish, track, and report upon key performance indicators for COCO product metrics. Set the KPIs to support corporate strategy and operational excellence.
- Effectively reinforce company mission, vision, and strategy through the addition of compelling product facts, insights, and arguments.
- Produces and presents models, written text, and presentations that simply and effectively convey the VBAT COCO state and future.
- Through example, coaching, and storytelling you will attract, inspire, and retain great people in the organization to include engineering, customer success, business development and more.
- Establish cross-functional and cross-market knowledge enabling effective engagement with cross-functional teams within the organization, and diverse external parties.
- Take seriously the obligation of leading not only the product management function but contributing the culture of the organization – proactively establishing cross-functional touch points between individuals and teams.
- Lend world-class product insight and perspective to all members of the team.
- Rigorously evaluate financial aspects of COCO strategy, operations and tactics and delivers recommendations and key insights to aid the decision making of the team.
- Invest in developing deep cross-functional understanding to contribute to optimal cross-functional decision making, acting not only as a COCO expert, but a thought partner with the team for a strong an ability to think comprehensively about decisions.
- Inspirational communicator who weaves mission, values, strategy, objectives, and outcomes into accurate, consistent, and compelling storyline that earns trust.
- Cultivator of strong relationships with existing operators, prospective customers, engineers, training and customer success teams, and business development personnel to lay foundations for successful product definition and delivery.
- Masterful attention to all aspects of communication – deliberate about everything from sequencing, timing, and channel selection for announcements, to argument construction, to sentence construction, word choice, and intonation.
- Gifted cross-domain and first-principles thinker enabling successful engagement with diverse stakeholders hailing from defense, aerospace, AI, and SaaS communities.
- Gifted and creative problem solver who faces even the tallest challenge with the presumption that a solution always awaits the person sufficiently hardworking and clever.
- Exceptional leader with the courage to stand ground (when it makes sense) amidst tension and controversy, and uses gifts of logic, empathy and effective communication to lead peers to the possible decisions.
- Knows when to follow and will disagree, commit. Once a decision is made, executes agreeable and disagreeable ideas with the same vigor and outward optimism.
- Hold self, peers, and the leadership accountable to the highest standard.
If you're interested in being part of our team, apply now!
Shield AI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To conform to U.S. Government regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.