Revenue Accounting Manager (Optional remote)
San Diego, California /
Finance – Finance and Accounting /
Full Time Employee
Introduction to Shield AI
Shield AI’s mission is to protect service members and civilians with intelligent systems. Shield AI is a fast growing, venture-backed defense-technology company built around a team of proven executives, distinguished warfighters, and world-class AI engineers. Since 2018, Shield AI’s products and people have supported operations around the world with the US Department of Defense and our allies. Most recently, we acquired Heron Systems and Martin UAV as wholly owned subsidiaries of Shield AI. Join our team and shape the future of artificially intelligent systems.
What you'll do:
- Managing revenue operations and accounting, including opportunity tracking in Salesforce, working with project managers to perform percentage-of-completion calculations for revenue recognition, journal entries, reconciliations, and other ad hoc reporting as needed
- Implementing and monitoring standard procedures and improving the internal control environment across the team.
- Ensure that deadlines are met with all applicable accounts
- Contract review for new contracts to identify accounting requirements under ASC 606.
- Standardization of the contract review and revenue reporting processes across the company.
- Working closely with the management and accounting teams to support accurate reporting for the company.
- Supporting the Year End and interim audit processes as required.
- Using effective metrics to provide meaningful reporting to the Controller to aid monitoring the performance of the company.
- Staying informed of changes in financial regulations and legislation as applicable to the team.
Projects that you might work on:
- Implementation of system enhancements related to revenue recognition
- Build out of Revenue operations function with leading practices to be best in class
- A proven track record of managing and developing successful revenue operations teams & experience of managing a centralized function in a multi-site environment
- Expertise in revenue recognition requirements of ASC 606
- Public accounting experience
- Good communicator with strong interpersonal skill and emotional intelligence
- Able to work autonomously and flexibly
- Positive enthusiastic approach with a can-do attitude
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent excel skills and all-round IT skills
- Able to demonstrate achieving success in a deadline driven environment and commitment to continuous improvement.
- Experience with Costpoint a plus
- Experience with international expansions a plus
- Public company experience preferred
- Experience with government regulations preferred
- Implementation lead experience for ASC 606
If you're interested in being part of our team, apply now!
Shield AI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To conform to U.S. Government regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.