Senior Modeling & Simulation Engineer
Washington DC Metro Area /
Engineering- Large segment – Large Segment /
Full Time Employee
Introduction to Shield AI
Shield AI’s mission is to protect service members and civilians with intelligent systems. Shield AI is a fast growing, venture-backed defense-technology company built around a team of proven executives, distinguished warfighters, and world-class AI engineers. Since 2018, Shield AI’s products and people have supported operations around the world with the US Department of Defense and our allies. Most recently, we acquired Heron Systems and Martin UAV as wholly owned subsidiaries of Shield AI. Join our team and shape the future of artificially intelligent systems.
This position is perfect for an individual who loves technology, solving complex challenges, wants to develop software for multiple projects, and write code with a motivated, diverse team. Heron Systems, a Shield AI company, is pushing the envelope by applying advanced AI solutions to real hardware systems. An ideal candidate should aspire to be a part of this industry-changing team developing and deploying advanced technology that can truly make an impact.
Heron Systems, a Shield AI company, is looking to continue to
push the envelope by teaming traditional autonomous systems algorithms and deep reinforcement learning-based solutions to create an unmatched capability and speed to deployment technology base. To accomplish this, we need robust and extensible modeling and simulation environments in which to perform machine learning.
- BS/MSin Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, and/or similar degree, or equivalent practical experience
- Ability to develop, benchmark, debug, and deploy software-based algorithms
- Demonstrated problem solving skills by applying a scientific approach 3+ years of industry experience
- Experience working projects with 10+ contributors
- Offers Fast, efficient, effective problem solving approaches
- Exceptional collaborator and communicator Comfortability within UNIX/Linux environments
- Hard-working, trustworthy teammate
- Exhibits holding themselves and others to high standards
- Ability to obtain a SECRET clearance
- Experience in a relevant DoD modeling and simulation environment
- Experience using AFSIM as a modeler or developer
- MS or greater in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, and/or similar degree, or equivalent practical experience
- Understanding of robotics technologies related to autonomous behavior development e.g. task allocation or planning.
- Understanding/Experience with unmanned system technologies and accompanying algorithms (specifically air domain)
- Active SECRET clearance
Salary Range: $107,800 - $172,200 Annually + Bonus + Benefits + Equity (if applicable)
Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, licenses and certifications, and specific work location. Information on the benefits offered is here.
If you're interested in being part of our team, apply now!
Shield AI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To conform to U.S. Government regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.