Staff Mechanical Engineer
Dallas, TX /
Martin UAV – Mechanical /
Full Time Employee
Introduction to Shield AI
Shield AI’s mission is to protect service members and civilians with intelligent systems. Shield AI is a fast growing, venture-backed defense-technology company built around a team of proven executives, distinguished warfighters, and world-class AI engineers. Since 2018, Shield AI’s products and people have supported operations around the world with the US Department of Defense and our allies. Most recently, we acquired Heron Systems and Martin UAV as wholly owned subsidiaries of Shield AI. Join our team and shape the future of artificially intelligent systems.
As a Staff Engineer - Mechanical, you will be responsible for leading mechanical design and development projects for Shield AI's autonomous UAV products. You will follow a rigorous design process, as you innovate, prototype, test, and release creative design solutions. You will lead cross-functional teams to ensure the successful development and launch of new products. You will be expected to exemplify technical excellence and be accountable for your work.
- B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or equivalent.
- 10-12 years of relevant experience in mechanical or electro-mechanical product development.
- Advanced CAD skill
- Working knowledge of FEA principles
- Familiarity with common manufacturing processes
- Exceptional written and verbal communication
- You have a demonstrated record of working hard, being a trustworthy teammate, holding yourself and others to high standards, and being kind to others
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US Secret Security Clearance. US Citizenship is required as only US Citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- M.S. degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience with aircraft fabrication, assembly, or modification
- Ability to coordinate the release and update of engineering design documentation, bills of materials, manufacturing procedures, product acceptance test procedures, and production tooling and test equipment.
- Background in MATLAB
- Experience designing tooling and fixtures for carbon composite assembly manufacturing
- Experience with aircraft range/payload and endurance predictions
- Experience with aircraft weight and balance tracking
- Background in 3D printing
- Experience with LabVIEW
- Experience with FEM modeling of loads and structural elements
- Experience with CFD modeling of aircraft and subsystems
- Experience with production manufacturing techniques for aerospace
- Experience generating production documentation based on designs personally overseen
- Understanding of GD&T
- Experience in design and fabrication of mechanical/mechatronic components
- Effectively manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- Exceptional interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer service, quality, and team orientation
- Commitment to continuous improvement of knowledge, skills and abilities
- Experience working in the DoD customer community (US Army, US Air Force, US Navy, etc.)
If you're interested in being part of our team, apply now!
Shield AI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To conform to U.S. Government regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.