Staff Software Engineer
San Diego, California /
Hivemind Edge – Mapping and Sensing /
Full Time Employee
Introduction to Shield AI
Shield AI’s mission is to protect service members and civilians with intelligent systems. Shield AI is a fast growing, venture-backed defense-technology company built around a team of proven executives, distinguished warfighters, and world-class AI engineers. Since 2018, Shield AI’s products and people have supported operations around the world with the US Department of Defense and our allies. Most recently, we acquired Heron Systems and Martin UAV as wholly owned subsidiaries of Shield AI. Join our team and shape the future of artificially intelligent systems.
As a Staff Engineer on the Sensing Team, you will characterize, model, and develop calibration processes for state-of-the-art sensors to enable reliable robot autonomy. You will work closely with members of the team to understand sensing requirements, conduct trade studies, and determine the sensor topology for our next generation robots.
Projects that you might work on (optional):
Synthetic aperture radar algorithms
Online calibration of sensor intrinsics/extrinsics
Evaluate far-field sensors for autonomy and write technical reports
- B.Sc. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
- 4 years experience at a job solving real world sensor problems
- Strong C++ and Python skills; experience in a collaborative development environment including paradigms such as continuous integration and test driven development
- Experience with designing algorithms, executing experiments, and communicating results for Radar or RF sensors
- A team player with strong communication skills and the ability to lead & inspire others
- You have a demonstrated record of working hard, being a trustworthy teammate, holding yourself and others to high standards, and being kind to others
Preferred qualifications :
- Masters or PhD degree in related engineering fields
- Developed and deployed digital signal processing algorithms
- Experience with non-linear optimization and machine learning
- Formal leadership experience
If you're interested in being part of our team, apply now!
Shield AI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To conform to U.S. Government regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.