Operations Security Engineer
Arlington, VA /
Engineering Operations – Security /
Full Time Employee
Introduction to Shield AI
Shield AI’s mission is to protect service members and civilians with intelligent systems. Shield AI is a fast growing, venture-backed defense-technology company built around a team of proven executives, distinguished warfighters, and world-class AI engineers. Since 2018, Shield AI’s products and people have supported operations around the world with the US Department of Defense and our allies. Most recently, we acquired Heron Systems and Martin UAV as wholly owned subsidiaries of Shield AI. Join our team and shape the future of artificially intelligent systems.
Are you curious about how security and cutting-edge technology like AI fit together in a startup environment? Do you want to apply your IT or security skills towards a meaningful mission to protect service members and civilians with AI systems?
As an Operations Security Engineer at Shield AI, you'll play a critical role in supporting our mission and team members. From supporting day-to-day activities to executing long-term, cross-disciplinary objectives, your voice will be an essential component in fostering our culture of security from the ground up.
You’ll be entrusted to:
Collaborate with Developer Operations, IT, and internal stakeholders to help build out our security program from the ground up, from planning through implementation and sustainment. Build awareness and enthusiasm for security around cutting edge technology through user education and blue team engagements for the company and products. Expand on our security program and implement new security controls and monitor policy enforcement to improve security readiness. Collaborate with the engineering teams to improve the security engineering of our products. Work with a supportive team to get things done with the right mix of quality, agility, and rigor. Other duties as assigned.
Projects you might work on:
- Lead security projects and initiatives in line with your professional passions and collaborate with talented, driven people across the organization. From new team members straight out of school all the way up to the executive team.
- Develop your technical skills and invest in your career growth while working in an environment of constant learning and mentorship.
- Take on challenging commitments and timelines and work rigorously with supportive and dedicated teammates to deliver, while also having the flexibility to set your own work schedule.
- Work in a unique, values-driven culture and environment where trust, kindness, teamwork, and inclusivity are paramount. Having fun is valued!
- 2+ years of experience in an enterprise or service provider environment or related expertise.
- Hands on experience deploying and operating IT and/or security systems and tools.
- Linux scripting experience in Bash, Python, Go, etc.
- Hands on knowledge of Linux, Mac OSX, and Windows operating systems and troubleshooting at the OS level
- Soft skills required to collaborate with colleagues to formulate resolutions regardless of perspectives and requirements.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and building from scratch.
- You are resourceful, determined, curious and are willing to learn new technologies quickly.
If you're interested in being part of our team, apply now!
Shield AI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To conform to U.S. Government regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.