Senior/Staff UX Design Researcher (R2280)
Dallas Metro Area
Full Time Employee
Introduction to Shield AI
Founded in 2015, Shield AI is a venture-backed defense technology company whose mission is to protect service members and civilians with intelligent systems. In pursuit of this mission, Shield AI is building the world’s best AI pilot. Its AI pilot, Hivemind, has flown a fighter jet (F-16), a vertical takeoff and landing drone (V-BAT), and a quadcopter (Nova). The company has offices in San Diego, Dallas, Washington DC and abroad. Shield AI’s products and people are currently in the field actively supporting operations with the U.S. Department of Defense and U.S. allies.
As a Senior UX Designer, you will help delight our customers by devoting your talents to the translation of complex human-robot interactions into elegant design solutions. Your work will focus on mission planning, command and control, and operator training experience of the V-BAT, a state-of-the-art vertical-take-off-and-landing unmanned autonomous vehicle. You will work alongside a team devoted to excellence, committed to collaboration, and focused on helping users maximize the power of AI to protect service
members, first responders, and civilians.
What you'll do:
- Partner with product program and business teams to solve for customer needs.
- Participate in V-BAT flight operations to identify points of friction, optimize workflows and enhance the user experience of our products through UX research
- Synthesize UX research findings into actionable plans for UX Designers, front-end developers and human factors engineers
- Contribute to the prioritization of features and capabilities based on assessment of user needs
- Design low-fidelity mockups and rapid prototypes for user testing and iteration.
- Collect and synthesize user feedback from V-BAT flight operations
- Conduct competitive and industry research to understand the needs, pain points, and use cases of our customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- You have delivered as part of a product design team and are skilled in UX research and/or usability testing.
- 3+ years professional design experience, or relevant research and engineering experience.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with ease.
- Strong knowledge of and passion for user-centered design principles.
- Experience designing user experiences, from mockups to functional prototypes.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated record of working hard, being a trustworthy teammate, holding yourself and others to high standards, and being kind to others.
- Creative and excited about working on products to further the Shield AI mission.
- Master's degree in HF, UX, HCI or similar.
- Experience with real-time systems (gaming, robotics, etc.)
$110,809 - $148,314 a year
Total package details:
Regular employee positions: Salary within range listed above + Bonus + Benefits + Equity (if applicable)
Temporary employee positions: Hourly within range listed above + temporary benefits package (applicable after 60 days of employment)
*Interns/Military Fellows/Part-time not eligible for bonus, benefits or equity
Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, licenses and certifications, and specific work location. All offers are contingent on a cleared background check.
If you're interested in being part of our team, apply now!
Shield AI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.