Senior Staff Software Engineer (TX)
Dallas Metro Area /
Hivemind Command and Control – Hivemind Command and Control /
Full Time Employee
Introduction to Shield AI
Shield AI’s mission is to protect service members and civilians with intelligent systems. Shield AI is a fast growing, venture-backed defense-technology company built around a team of proven executives, distinguished warfighters, and world-class AI engineers. Since 2018, Shield AI’s products and people have supported operations around the world with the US Department of Defense and our allies. Most recently, we acquired Heron Systems and Martin UAV as wholly owned subsidiaries of Shield AI. Join our team and shape the future of artificially intelligent systems.
As part of the HMC team, you’ll be a key contributor to Hivemind Commander, an innovative software solution that supports seamless, intuitive, and immersive interaction with teams of autonomous robotic systems.
Our preference would be for this person to work on a hybrid basis out of either our Frisco, TX, San Diego, CA, or Washington DC offices.
What you'll do:
- Contribute to a platform (HMC) that will revolutionize the way that human beings engage with autonomous robotic systems
- Develop UI and UX elements of mission planning and command and control of autonomous systems based on design specifications
- Work closely with our operators, test pilots and instructors to enhance the UX of autonomous robotic systems
- Contribute to building out a web-based command and control interface for multi-agent systems
- Work with technologies like React and WebGL to build extensible, scalable and performant experiences
- Manage large streams of incoming data for effective renderings and delightful user experience
- Collaborate with your team in driving technical solutions to complex software and business problems
- Work with teams of supremely talented software engineers who care deeply about the solutions they create
- Leverage your skills across front-end and non-traditional tiers of various applications
- End-to-end ownership of the SDLC, including CI/CD
- Distribution and packaging of applications on multiple platforms
- Other duties as assigned
- 5+ years' experience developing large, production quality software systems with relevant technologies (TypeScript, React)
- Excellent grasp of software development and coding principles with high productivity in a mainstream language(e.g. TypeScript, C++, Java, C#, Python, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of modern software engineering best practices.
- Experience with Git and code management tools.
- Passionate about developing high-quality and optimized software solutions.
- Good software hygiene regarding code documentation, unit testing, bug tracking.
- Strong technical collaboration skills and a desire to develop new skills.
- Excited by a fast-moving environment with a highly motivated group.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, similar degree, or equivalent practical experience
- You have a demonstrated record of working hard, being a trustworthy teammate, holding yourself and others to high standards, and being kind to others.
- Experience developing and delivering SPA type applications
- Experience with geospatial data and WebGL
- Experience building performant React apps
- Experience applying design systems to UI components
- Experience with Docker and CI/CD environments
- Experience with WebSockets and Electron (or similar)
- Experience with team leadership, or as a technical project lead
- Professional experience with Linux environments
Salary Range: $137,217 - $259,448 Annually + Bonus + Benefits + Equity (if applicable)
Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, licenses and certifications, and specific work location. Information on the benefits offered is here.
If you're interested in being part of our team, apply now!
Shield AI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To conform to U.S. Government regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.