Senior Electrical Engineer
San Diego, California /
Nova UAS – Electrical /
Full Time Employee
Introduction to Shield AI
Shield AI’s mission is to protect service members and civilians with intelligent systems. Shield AI is a fast growing, venture-backed defense-technology company built around a team of proven executives, distinguished warfighters, and world-class AI engineers. Since 2018, Shield AI’s products and people have supported operations around the world with the US Department of Defense and our allies. Most recently, we acquired Heron Systems and Martin UAV as wholly owned subsidiaries of Shield AI. Join our team and shape the future of artificially intelligent systems.
Are you a passionate and innovative Electrical Engineer looking to help develop state-of-the-art AI products? Are you eager to make a positive difference in the world? Do you want to work alongside mission-driven and values-focused teammates? Shield AI is just the place for you! Join us and help define elegant, high-performance computing, sensing, communication, and power systems.
What you'll do:
- Lead system design and circuit board designs in Shield AI’s products. This includes aerial robotics and supporting equipment that require complex system architectures utilizing custom circuitry (compute, optical, RF, motion and flight control, digital, power management, etc.)
- Lead the design of specific product features. Coordinate with cross-functional resources (mechanical, embedded, software, production, supply chain, etc.)
- Manage your project schedule and deliverables
- Conduct and attend cross-functional design reviews
- Be responsible for schematic capture, modeling, simulation, analysis, verification, debugging, and release to production
- Work closely with CAD engineering for PCB layout
- Interface with customers, contractors, and other 3rd parties as it pertains to design execution of our products
- Provide feedback on other team work where applicable
- Mentor teammates when possible
- Help develop automated test solutions
- You have a B.S. in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- You have 3+ years of industry experience as an Electrical Engineer
- Have contributed to a product design involving EE, ME, and SW engineering
- Have worked through at least one full product design cycle
- You are experienced with: circuit design, schematic capture, component selection, and circuit testing.
- You have a demonstrated record of working hard, being a trustworthy teammate, holding yourself and others to high standards, and being kind to others
- M.S. in electrical engineering
- PCB layout skills
- SPICE, simulation
- Managing a project schedule
- Familiarity with Altium
If you're interested in being part of our team, apply now!
Shield AI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To conform to U.S. Government regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.