Staff Systems Engineer, Dallas (R2083)
Dallas Metro Area /
Technology Division – Hivemind - Systems /
Full Time Employee
Introduction to Shield AI
Shield AI’s mission is to protect service members and civilians with intelligent systems. Shield AI is a fast growing, venture-backed defense-technology company built around a team of proven executives, distinguished warfighters, and world-class AI engineers. Since 2018, Shield AI’s products and people have supported operations around the world with the US Department of Defense and our allies.
You will contribute to a software-focused systems engineering group charged with defining, coordinating, and communicating important information and artifacts that explain the intent of the system as the team’s understanding of that system evolves. In this role, you will collaborate closely with software test engineers and the functional teams to define the system and model the architecture of our software system.
As a contributor to the software-focused systems engineering group, you will be responsible for:
- Defining software and co-define integrated software/hardware system requirements
- Supporting the design process for the software system architecture
- Use the Cameo tool to document our existing architecture and design future architecture
- Develop and maintain models using Unified Modeling Language (UML), Systems Modeling Language (SysML), and/or Unified Profile for DoDAF/MODAF (UPDM)
- Develop SysML models with emphasis on system decomposition, functions, interfaces, and behavior
- Collaborate with SMEs for improved tooling and connection to code for automated system models
- Leading cross-functional teams on projects
- Collaborating to define systems engineering processes
- Engage cross functionally with product management, program management, mechanical engineering, embedded engineering, business development, and other company leaders
- Report status, risks, accomplishments, expectations to senior leadership
- 5+ years of experience in systems engineering related field.
- B.S. degree in Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science or STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics) discipline, such as Aerospace, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering.
- Software development experience in C++ and/or Python.
- Experience with Systems Engineering practices and principals, including writing, organizing, and verifying requirements.
- Experience in reading, interpreting, and applying engineering drawings, including assembly drawings, parts lists, wiring diagrams, and schematics.
- Experience with reliability and trend analysis.
- Experience working in cross-functional teams.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbally.
- Demonstrated record of working hard, being a trustworthy teammate, holding yourself and others to high standards, and being kind to others.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US Security Clearance. US citizenship is required as only US citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
$123,931 - $168,353 a year
Total compensation: Salary within range listed above + Bonus + Benefits + Equity (if applicable)
Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, licenses and certifications, and specific work location. Information on the benefits offered is here. All offers are contingent on a cleared background check.
Onsite = 5 days/week
Hybrid = Several days in the office
Remote = Remote but able to come to the office as requested for business needs
If you're interested in being part of our team, apply now!
Shield AI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To conform to U.S. Government regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.