Price/Cost Analyst, Material Estimator, San Diego, CA or Frisco, TX (R2090)
Dallas Metro Area /
Operations Division – Supply Chain Management /
Full Time Employee
Introduction to Shield AI
Shield AI’s mission is to protect service members and civilians with intelligent systems. Shield AI is a fast growing, venture-backed defense-technology company built around a team of proven executives, distinguished warfighters, and world-class AI engineers. Since 2018, Shield AI’s products and people have supported operations around the world with the US Department of Defense and our allies.
This role is responsible for completing Price Costs analyses and Material Estimates in accordance with USG requirements. This role will also support some compliance initiatives and special projects. Opportunity to work closely with Pricing, Proposal Management, Supply Chain and Engineering.
This role reports to the Director of Supply Chain Operations
You will have the opportunity to see the product you support firsthand (we are co located with Production)
Full time, on site role:
Location in San Diego (Downtown), CA or Frisco, TX
Projects that you might work on:
- Price Analyses
- Price Costs Analyses for USG proposals and contracts
- Material estimates
- Help develop and mature our costed BOMs
- Drive robustness to our SC processes
- Establish relevant processes within Supply Chain, Compliance, Legal, Contracts etc.
- Identify cost savings initiatives
- Make/Buy analyses
- Train others on price/cost analyses
- Compliance- ensuring flowdowns and shred outs of contractual requirements
- Negotiate with Suppliers
- College degree
- 5-8 years of experience
- 3 years of experience doing price costs analysis and 1 year of experience doing material estimating
- 1 year of experience doing price costs analysis and 3 years of experience doing material estimating
- FAR and DFARs experience
- Experience in USG contracting
- Experience at an A&D company
- Experience with composites or electronics
- Master’s degree
- Negotiations with suppliers as part of a negotiations team
- Experience with OTA contracts
- Experience in accounting or finance
- Experience with standing up or implementing policies, processes or projects associated with USG contracting
$80,000 - $109,830 a year
Total compensation: Salary within range listed above + Bonus + Benefits + Equity (if applicable)
Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, licenses and certifications, and specific work location. Information on the benefits offered is here. All offers are contingent on a cleared background check.
Onsite = 5 days/week
Hybrid = Several days in the office
Remote = Remote but able to come to the office as requested for business needs
If you're interested in being part of our team, apply now!
Shield AI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To conform to U.S. Government regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.