Software Engineer, Application Operations
San Diego Metro Area /
Operations Division – Application Operations /
Full Time Employee
Introduction to Shield AI
Shield AI’s mission is to protect service members and civilians with intelligent systems. Shield AI is a fast growing, venture-backed defense-technology company built around a team of proven executives, distinguished warfighters, and world-class AI engineers. Since 2018, Shield AI’s products and people have supported operations around the world with the US Department of Defense and our allies.
As a software engineer on the Application Operations team, you will contribute to solutions developed by the team. The Application Operations team are ultimately responsible for keeping engineering running, improving individual productivity and solving business process problems through software automation. The team charter has 3 pillars:
Software Platforms – implementation, operation and customization of engineering software platforms like Azure, Azure DevOps, Artifactory, SonarQube, etc.
Software Solutions – observability solutions, virtualization and other shared services to improve development productivity and cycle times. Acceleration of productivity through automation and integration with business platforms like Costpoint, UKG, Lever, Lattice, Salesforce and Microsoft 365 (Teams, SharePoint, Exchange).
Practices – best practice standards, guidance, training and implementations for our platforms and practices. Examples include Agile/Scrum training, guidance and implementation, Knowledge Management on Microsoft 365 and continuous evangelism and training on new technologies and software releases.
What you’ll do:
- Work with a growing team of software engineers and site reliability engineers implementing CI/CD solutions at scale and developing software products to accelerate all within the company.
- Develop supported paved paths for engineers to quickly build and iterate solutions upon.
- Implement software solutions and develop processes necessary for a fast and reliable development life cycle.
- Collaborate with a diverse group of supportive and highly motivated engineers and business users from various disciplines to create reliable and secure autonomous intelligent systems to protect lives.
- Contribute to cloud and on-prem infrastructure for continuous testing in simulated and live environments.
- Collaborate across non-technical business groups to develop business driving software solutions.
- Work with a team dedicated to improving the business every day.
Our tech stack and tools include:
- Azure DevOps
- C# (.NET Core) and Python for Build/Release
- C++ for software development
- Visual Studio / VS Code
- Windows / Linux
Projects that you might work on:
- Real Time Monitoring and Reporting Dashboards
- Enterprise scale build orchestration
- Cross Platform (ARM, x86) Build and Test orchestration
- Companywide automation solutions
Preferred qualifications & experience:
- 8+ years of real-world experience building automation solutions
- Expertise with a majority of our technology stack, especially Azure
- Experience with development tools and practices for CI/CD
- B.S. in Computer Science, similar degree, or equivalent practical experience
$123,000 - $197,000 a year
Salary Range: Base + Bonus + Benefits + Equity (if applicable)
Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, licenses and certifications, and specific work location. Information on the benefits offered is here. All offers are contingent on a cleared background check.
Onsite = 5 days/week
Hybrid = Several days in the office
Remote = Remote but able to come to the office as requested for business needs
If you're interested in being part of our team, apply now!
Shield AI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To conform to U.S. Government regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.