IT Support Engineer
Arlington, VA /
Heron Systems – IT /
Full Time Employee
Introduction to Shield AI
Shield AI’s mission is to protect service members and civilians with intelligent systems. Shield AI is a fast growing, venture-backed defense-technology company built around a team of proven executives, distinguished warfighters, and world-class AI engineers. Since 2018, Shield AI’s products and people have supported operations around the world with the US Department of Defense and our allies. Most recently, we acquired Heron Systems and Martin UAV as wholly owned subsidiaries of Shield AI. Join our team and shape the future of artificially intelligent systems.
Shield AI (Heron) is seeking an IT Support Engineer who will ensure that the company remains a leader in the development of applied artificial intelligence. The IT support Engineer will be responsible for maintaining on premises IT systems and end user workstations at SAI offices in Alexandria, Virginia (Heron) and other Shield AI locations in the general area. Limited travel may be required to SAI locations in Texas, California and North Carolina. In addition to maintaining physical IT systems, this position will help support simulator suite equipment that demonstrate Shield AI (Heron)’s autonomous agent capabilities.
What you'll do:
- Support the Shield AI global network and systems at the VA/DC local site, including Active Directory, SAN/NAS storage, DNS Oversee additions/upgrades of equipment, hardware, and software solutions.
- Provide systems and network administration duties to support engineers and developers, including provisioning of laptops, desktops, servers and/or other physical infrastructure
- Support Kubernetes AI infrastructure that feature Reinforcement Learning training workflows for current Heron Systems programs
- Support our modern workplace solutions (Office 365)
- Support identities across the corporate infrastructure
- Support our enterprise network infrastructure
- Support our operational security compliance
- 0-3 years of proven experience
- Engineering or similar degree, or equivalent practical experience
- Ability to obtain DoD 8570 IAT Level II Compliance
- Ability to obtain SECRET clearance, Top Secret Preferred
If you're interested in being part of our team, apply now!
Shield AI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To conform to U.S. Government regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.