Business Operations Associate (Hybrid Optional)
San Diego, California /
Business Operations – Business Operations /
Full Time Employee
Introduction to Shield AI
Shield AI’s mission is to protect service members and civilians with intelligent systems. Shield AI is a fast growing, venture-backed defense-technology company built around a team of proven executives, distinguished warfighters, and world-class AI engineers. Since 2018, Shield AI’s products and people have supported operations around the world with the US Department of Defense and our allies. Most recently, we acquired Heron Systems and Martin UAV as wholly owned subsidiaries of Shield AI. Join our team and shape the future of artificially intelligent systems.
The Business Operations team is looking for this candidate to have strong technical writing experience capable of conflating complex technical ideas into succinct prose. The Business Operations Associate will be able to support our growing number of cost proposal submissions, mange, write, and respond to requests for information (RFIs), as well as ancillary support for the greater Business Development team.
This opportunity has exceptional growth potential within Business Operations and beyond.
- Manage multiple competing priorities in a dynamic, fast-paced environment including proposal management, technical content generation, and process improvement.
- Manage and author technical content for requests for information, abstracts, and quad charts.
- Build and maintain relationships with industry organizers to identify, qualify, plan, coordinate, and attend valuable government events to bolster Shield AI’s presence and leadership in the DoD community.
- Implement and maintain data tracking systems for BD team to enhance recall ability and better track efforts for efficiency.
- Support Account Executives to close deals and grow revenue by managing and driving critical business development operations.
- Work closely with Business Operations Manager to affect meaningful change through process development.
- Eagerness to work in a nontraditional defense contracting environment.
Projects that you might work on:
- Provide additional support to BD team leadership such as miscellaneous projects including presentation materials, competitive intelligence gathering and/or other market information that may be gathered with the sales and marketing teams.
- Business operations support, top of funnel management, and proposal development.
- 1+ years of Federal contracting experience or in lieu of direct Federal contracting experience, have 3+ years of proposal manager experience plus experience working with federal government requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, engineering or equivalent industry experience.
- Outstanding record of academic achievement.
- Demonstrated aptitude for analytics.
- Proven record of leadership in a work setting and/or through extracurricular activities.
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to author technical content for requests for information, abstracts, and quad charts.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively – both verbally and in writing.
- You have a demonstrated record of working hard, being a trustworthy teammate, holding yourself and others to high standards, and being kind to others.
- Technical background especially with Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UASs).
- You have demonstrated thorough understanding and knowledge of the military operations and the acquisition process that allows you to maintain strong customer relations.
- Demonstrated understanding of specific DoD operational scenarios and systems.
- Active DoD security clearance.
If you're interested in being part of our team, apply now!
Shield AI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To conform to U.S. Government regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.