Systems Engineering Manager, Dallas (R2079)
Dallas Metro Area /
Technology Division – Hivemind - Systems /
Full Time Employee
Introduction to Shield AI
Shield AI’s mission is to protect service members and civilians with intelligent systems. Shield AI is a fast growing, venture-backed defense-technology company built around a team of proven executives, distinguished warfighters, and world-class AI engineers. Since 2018, Shield AI’s products and people have supported operations around the world with the US Department of Defense and our allies.
You will build out and lead a software-focused systems engineering group charged with defining, coordinating, and communicating important information and artifacts that explain the intent of the system, as the team’s understanding of that system evolves. In this role, you will collaborate closely with hardware systems engineers and the functional teams building software foundations, autonomy, command and control, and AI design tools.
As the manager of the software-focused systems engineering group, you will be responsible for:
- Defining software and co-define integrated software/hardware system requirements
- Designing the software system architecture
- Modeling the software system
- Defining and prototyping software system configurations
- Driving the creation of interface definitions
- Leading cross-functional teams on projects
- Collaborating to define systems engineering processes
- Lead the Hivemind Systems group with multiple teams across locations and remote
- Organize, manage, and ensure success of specific projects for our product lines
- Engage cross functionally with product management, program management, mechanical engineering, embedded engineering, business development, and other company leaders
- Create processes that enable an efficient work flow and scalable team growth
- Track team progress against program/project schedules
- Report status, risks, accomplishments, expectations to senior leadership
- Drive sourcing, screening, hiring, and onboarding of new teammates in San Diego or Dallas
- 10+ years of experience in systems engineering, software engineering, or equivalent engineering roles
- 3+ years of people leadership experience
- B.S. or M.S. degree in software engineering, systems engineering, or related field
- Strong software development experience in C++ and/or Python
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- You are organized and methodical
- You have a demonstrated record of working hard, being a trustworthy teammate, holding yourself and others to high standards, and being kind to others
$148,148 - $201,250 a year
Total compensation: Salary within range listed above + Bonus + Benefits + Equity (if applicable)
Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, licenses and certifications, and specific work location. Information on the benefits offered is here. All offers are contingent on a cleared background check.
Onsite = 5 days/week
Hybrid = Several days in the office
Remote = Remote but able to come to the office as requested for business needs
If you're interested in being part of our team, apply now!
Shield AI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To conform to U.S. Government regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.