Head of Engineering M/F
Shift Technology is creating this new role who will report to the CTO/co-founder of the company, and lead a team of 35+ talented developers based in Paris, France.
What you will be doing
Your mission will be to build a world-class software development organization that delivers AI-based software-as-a-service solutions that are transforming insurance. You will:
- Lead the dev team in developing, improving and supporting the best possible fraud detection and claim automation products for insurers.
- Grow the team as a whole and help its members grow too. We plan to have 50-60 developers by end of year, and 100+ end of 2020.
- Ensure Shift has the right technical vision to sustain the company’s rapid growth, and help arbitrate important technical decisions.
- Improve and be a flag carrier for our software engineering process and standards across the developer, data science and research team (100+ people writing code, to grow to 200).
What we are looking for
- BS degree or Ms in Computer Science with 10+ years of relevant experience in a similar role, ideally in a SaaS environment.
- You are recognized as leader of strong, large technical teams, and are a great manager of managers.
- You’re driven by the continuous improvement of your team and yourself, which you have proved through results.
- You’re excited about complex technical challenges, and know how to guide a team to solve them.
- You show great interpersonal skills to ensure smooth collaboration across our teams and locations.
- You are fluent in English, as it is essential to lead multicultural teams. Speaking French is a bonus.
Why Shift, why now?
- Build an organization that is critical to the success of a fast-growing startup
- Help a talented team grow into great developers, managers and leaders
- Drive the progress of AI solutions that are having a real impact on the world
- Help shape the future of one of France’s best tech prospects
Want to know more?
- Full-time role, to start asap in Paris 12th
- Attractive compensation
- To apply, click below and let us know why we could be a great fit!
Recognized by Wired as one of Paris’ hottest startups and proud member of the Next40, here at Shift Technology we are using advanced artificial intelligence and data science to help revolutionize insurance from the inside out. We started with fraud, where we've built a fast-growing business that is scaling globally; and now we're helping insurance companies to automate claims, all the way from the user experience to the payment processing.