We are going global!
Shift Technology is one of Paris' outstanding tech start-ups (see e.g. Challenges, who named Shift one of five future French unicorns). We're building and delivering products to empower insurance with AI. We started with fraud detection and now we're helping insurance companies to automate claims handling, all the way from the user experience to the payment processing. We need researchers to create and develop long-term robust technologies.
If you are motivated by impactful work, Shift may just be the spot for you!
The research team plays a key role on the company strategy and success and develops the technologies that will be used by thousands of insurers and their clients around the world.
Shift Technology’s researchers are the master architects of our current technology and the creators of the future ones.
Main responsibilities are :
- Creating new algorithms to be implemented and used in production by Shift technology’s data scientists. The scientific challenges come from real-world problems and rely on a wide variety of data types to analyze: graphs, documents, images, voice, natural language...
- Establishing guarantees on the algorithms, to ensure their performance and stability with respect to many possible perturbations on the data generating process
- Working on a large variety of projects, aiming to add AI whenever it is possible
- Modeling and formalizing complex processes of insurance
· You like maths and have a PhD in a math-related field;
· You are not afraid to learn a little about insurance and to model real world problems;
· You can communicate clearly and are ready to write detailed explanations of your results;
· You are at ease with open and vaguely posed problems;
· You continually seek to remain up to date with AI and related fields;
· You can perform experiments on your own with a usual language (e.g. Python or R);
· You are curious, autonomous and willing to make a lasting contribution and have a real impact on the company success.
What you will also love
Brand new offices in Paris - with a great rooftop
Yoga classes, soccer team, board games, ping pong, baby-foot, jam sessions, climbing etc.
Seasonal fruit baskets delivered every week
Lunch credit card and 50% transportation reimbursement
After works every week
Regular team building events
Want to know more?
Full-time role, to start asap in Paris 12th.
Attractive compensation (depending on profile, experience and expertise)
To apply send us your CV and let us know why we could be a great fit!
About Shift Technology
Recognized by Wired as one of Paris’ hottest startups, Shift Technology is using advanced artificial intelligence and data science to change the way insurers think about the claims process. From our Paris HQ and offices in Boston, Tokyo, Singapore, London, Madrid and Zurich, we’re helping our clients spot potential fraud and do something about it. We’re helping them achieve greater efficiency and customer satisfaction through claims automation. In less than five years, we’ve analyzed hundreds of millions of claims on behalf of our nearly 70 clients – companies that represent the who’s who of the global insurance industry. Come find out what Shift Technology is all about!