Software Engineer, Engineering Productivity
Have you got a passion for engineering? Come and join the French Insurtech leader to change the insurance world with A.I.!
As a member of Shift Technology’s engineering productivity team, part of the greater dev team, your mission will be to build software, infrastructure and tools to help the dev team deliver excellent products quickly and reliably.
Your day-to-day will include:
- Designing technical solutions to challenges faced by developers in the course of their work, whether they are related to the development environment, code analysis, testing frameworks, or build system.
- Continuously improving our build, test and release pipeline, focusing on its quality, traceability and reproducibility.
- Defining and driving adoption of best practices and processes around code quality and maintainability-
- Influencing, and contributing to our systems design and code in a way that can drive improvements in our release process or in testability.
- Ensuring the necessary information flows between all the teams involved in our development and release process through automated means.
We work with modern technologies and always encourage our team to explore what’s new in the market. Our main tools today are:
- C# in the backend, written with Visual Studio and Resharper
- React (es6) and Less in the frontend, written with Visual Studio Code, and packaged with Webpack
- SQL Server and Elasticsearch in the data layer
- A continuous delivery pipeline that uses Git, Nunit, Teamcity and Octopus Deploy
- An IAAS infrastructure based on Windows Server, hosted on OVH and Azure
- You are a software engineer, with a degree in computer science and/or relevant experience in such a role.
- You love developing tools that help your fellow developers
- You believe that automation and monitoring are key to having a fast and reliable, software release process, and you are looking to share this culture with your teammates.
- You have excellent coding/scripting skills: whatever your tool of choice, your projects are beautifully designed and cleanly implemented
- You show leadership by being proactive and taking ownership of your work
- You want your work to have an impact: rather than a cog, you see yourself as the engine
- You are comfortable dealing with the pressure of delivering an excellent service to our customers
- You can communicate clearly in English. French is a bonus, but not necessary.
Want to know more?
- Full-time role, to start asap in Paris 12th (Cour St Emilion)
- Attractive compensation (depending on profile, experience and expertise)
- To apply, click below and let us know why we could be a great fit!
Recognized by Wired as one of Paris’ hottest startups and proud member of the Next40, here at Shift Technology we are using advanced artificial intelligence and data science to help revolutionize insurance from the inside out. We started with fraud, where we've built a fast-growing business that is scaling globally; and now we're helping insurance companies to automate claims, all the way from the user experience to the payment processing.