Director of Data Partnerships
As Shift continues to experience rapid growth and increased investment from top VC firms, we are expanding our partnerships function to include a Data Partner Lead.
This role will be instrumental in scaling the Shift business and expanding its presence in North America, EMEA and Asia across our key lines of business and offerings
Reporting into the Global Head of Partnerships, you will be a key member of the global Revenue organization and will have a significant impact on the acceleration of Shift’s top line growth. You will lead the way in acquiring the data which fuels Shift’s world-class AI solutions.
The Data Partner Lead we seek has a passion for various types of structured and unstructured Insurance-specific content and understands the data requirements of the end-to-end Insurance value chain from sales to underwriting, risk management and claim management.
* Define the Data Partnership strategy and vision for Shift Technology:
- Be an evangelist for our Data Providers partners internally and externally.
- Analyze other relevant competing products in the market
- Regularly interact with customers to understand their data needs, workflows and pain points.
* Own and drive the execution of the Data strategy:
- Engage with other Shift teams including field sales, product, data scientists, project managers, legal, and Shift’s leadership team to drive execution
- Ensure regular communication with senior leadership on Data partner status as well as new and ongoing partnership opportunities
* Build strong relationships between Shift Technology and Data Providers Partner executives:
- Negotiate commercial and contractual arrangements with new data vendors/partners.
- Manage renewals and renegotiation as necessary with existing data vendor/partners.
- Manage and maintain strong new and ongoing relationships with key decision makers at data vendor firms.
- Prospect for new potential data sources and partners, creating and maintaining a constant pipeline of opportunities.
- Introduce ideas for new data sets to be considered for integration into the Shift platform.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- You show leadership by being proactive and taking ownership of your work; you often come up with new ideas to improve our quality of service;
- You have excellent communication skills, both oral and written; you know how to make complex things feel simple;
- You are organized and able to manage multiple projects and partners at the same time with minimal supervision
- You are dynamic, curious and eager to learn – from anyone in the company, always looking to expand your fields of expertise;
- Network of contacts at data providers - Strong ability to network, hunt for and manage senior executive relationships
- Strong experience with commercial and contractual negotiation with data vendors, including ability to creatively navigate through complex commercial terms and blockers to result in mutually agreeable and beneficial terms for all parties.
- Experience creating business plans with partners and tracking pipeline
- Subject matter expertise in data across all of Shift offerings and propositions globally. Subject-matter expertise with data feeds, metadata and data delivery channels a plus.
- Experience in the insurance vertical is a huge plus
- Bachelors degree required, MBA is a plus
- You speak English fluently. Other languages are a plus!
Recognized by Wired as one of Paris’ hottest startups and proud member of the Next40, here at Shift Technology we are using advanced artificial intelligence and data science to help revolutionize insurance from the inside out. We started with fraud, where we've built a fast-growing business that is scaling globally; and now we're helping insurance companies to automate claims, all the way from the user experience to the payment processing.