Business Operations /
Shippit is a powerful technology engine that is revolutionising how the world sends anything, to anyone, located anywhere. Logistics infrastructure is a complex beast and we’re not only enhancing the experience for everyone involved, we’re impacting the planet in a positive manner. Our deliveries are already 100% Carbon Neutral. While Australian founded, we’re truly global in our approach and have the benefit of being a free moving startup yet with the security of impacting a thriving industry that needs some love and attention.
The Reporting Analyst is a cross-functional role with a primary focus on optimising our capabilities across BI, data visualisation, reporting, and insight generation for internal and external stakeholders. They will assist managers across various teams in the business in answering critical questions to improve business performance and customer outcomes with critical outcomes of:
Generating high quality insights for leadership decision making
Optimising and connecting data flows between key systems and tooling
Closing insight gaps to enable rapid decision making and long-term business growth by unlocking operational efficiencies and surfacing opportunities for greater return on investment
- Investigate data requirements and create reporting templates for core business requirements
- Create and maintain KPI dashboards for business partners, and help build out best practices in BI and analytics
- Build ad-hoc reports & forecasts to assist with tracking and strategic decisions
- Understand existing dashboards and reports and the logic necessary to port these insights to a different BI tool
- Drive definitions on data across the business and best practices for insight generations and dissemination
- Support our Data & Analytics team as needed to evolve our data pipeline, including database connections between multiple platforms to support data integrity, flows and enrichment across our reporting suite
- Run workshops to determine a problem scope and relevant insights to shape and test solutions that solve real business and customer problems
- Partner with the Data and Analytics Engineer to increase the understanding of our business, improve decision-making, increase sales productivity and marketing ROI
- Advise on evolving tooling to drive an enriched and harmonised single view of the customer
- Experience working with BI tools and data platforms (preferably Tableau, Looker or Sisense)Technically competent in SQL-based tools to query databases
- Experience in consolidating and visualising disparate data sets
- Ability to step back and understand relevancy and utility of data-driven insights
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment with strong communication and influencing skills
- Excellent written communication skills, with the ability to develop logical presentations on a problem space and proposed solution, with a clear evidence base
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills with ability to communicate recommendations and insights with senior leadership and team members
- Thrive under pressure whilst able to prioritise competing tasks
- Proven track record of consistent goal attainment with ability to drive action and tangible change
We’re on a mission that needs the right humans to help make ship happen!
Our core values haven’t changed since launch, and we embrace and celebrate these values in our day-to-day. We love to push the envelope to break though old norms, make good sh*t taking passion and pride in our work, have a laugh through the good and challenging times and, we are good humans - we have heart and want to improve the world we live in whilst having fun along the way.
We’re a great place to work and we can back that up. Shippit’s been ranked as #7 in Linkedin’s Hottest Startups to work at in 2019. We have a high-performance culture, everyone can make a difference, together we make great ship happen.
We have an overriding focus on wellness and are committed advocates for mental health awareness and gender pay equality & we’re committed to supporting and nurturing our team with perks like flexible work arrangements, above industry-standard parental leave and so much more!