Business Development Manager - Mid Market
Shippit is a powerful technology engine that is revolutionising how the world sends anything, to anyone, located anywhere. Logistics infrastructure is a complex beast and we’re not only enhancing the experience for everyone involved, we’re impacting the planet in a positive manner. Our deliveries are already 100% Carbon Neutral. While Australian founded, we’re truly global in our approach and have the benefit of being a free moving startup yet with the security of impacting a thriving industry that needs some love and attention.
As an integral member of the Sout East Asia team, the Business Development Manager will focus on growing the Shippit presence across SEA by acquiring and activating SMB eCommerce merchants. Your role will be to develop new business in South East Asia with an initial focus on the Singapore and Malaysia market to grow Shippit’s market presence. This role is looking for someone who has strong relationships in the eCommerce industry and overall experience in cultivating relationships, meeting sales quotas and working as a team to drive business growth in a newly established region.
You will collaborate closely with the Australian HQ in Sydney and the Singapore team to increase the number of merchants using the Shippit SaaS platform; growing market share; brand awareness and thereby maximizing revenue in the SEA market.
- Managing a sales pipeline throughout the entire sales process
- Growing Shippits presence and market share in the SEA market
- Providing Shippit product and logistics knowledge and presenting our SaaS solutions to a range of eCommerce merchant in key verticals.
- Regular on-site client visits to identify, qualify and close opportunities.
- Collaborating with all levels of relationships from merchants to C-level executives.
- Proactively liaising with contacts for the purpose of managing the merchant relationship, identifying new opportunities and maximizing sales.
- Demonstrate a high level of customer satisfaction by exceeding customer expectations through, meetings, engagement, demos and onboarding.
- Ability to meet and/or exceed sales goals and targets consistently.
- Minimum 2+ years sales experience as an experienced BDM working out of Singapore.
- Experience working in retail, eCommerce or logistics.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong negotiation and resolution skills selling on value and differentiation
- Positive energy and enjoys collaborating as a team
- Experience of managing complex sales cycles with multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Advance working experience with Microsoft Office
- Salesforce CRM experience
- Logistics knowledge or a strong network in retail is an advantage
We’re on a mission that needs the right humans to help make ship happen!
Our core values haven’t changed since launch, and we embrace and celebrate these values in our day-to-day. We love to push the envelope to break though old norms, make good sh*t taking passion and pride in our work, have a laugh through the good and challenging times and, we are good humans - we have heart and want to improve the world we live in whilst having fun along the way.
We’re a great place to work and we can back that up. Shippit’s been ranked as #7 in Linkedin’s Hottest Startups to work at in 2019. We have a high-performance culture, everyone can make a difference, together we make great ship happen.
We have an overriding focus on wellness and are committed advocates for mental health awareness and gender pay equality & we’re committed to supporting and nurturing our team with perks like flexible work arrangements, above industry-standard parental leave and so much more!