Senior Software Engineer
Shippit is a powerful technology engine that is revolutionising how the world sends anything, to anyone, located anywhere. Logistics infrastructure is a complex beast and we’re not only enhancing the experience for everyone involved, we’re impacting the planet in a positive manner. Our deliveries are already 100% Carbon Neutral. While Australian founded, we’re truly global in our approach and have the benefit of being a free moving startup yet with the security of impacting a thriving industry that needs some love and attention.
The technology team at Shippit lives and breathes by one core value: ‘We make good sh*#’. From deploying to new geographies to building next generation products, and taking the microservices journey, there’s no better time to join a vibrating team already strong of several world class software engineers. As a Senior Software Engineer at Shippit, you are responsible for participating in the development of product features through all the phases of the software development cycle, working alongside one of our Product Manager and more senior engineers. As part of the engineering team you will have a direct impact on our customers. Our cross-functional teams own new features, maintenance and monitoring in their business area, shipping code several times a day.
Our current tech stack includes: Ruby on Rails, Node, Typescript, JQuery, React, Graphql API, AWS, microservices, Kafka and Kubernetes. We don’t mind if you’re not awesome at all of these, but that you are at least keen to work on some of the tech in our stack.
- Design, code and test solutions for the Shippit platform and new products
- Taking substantial features from concept to shipping
- Work in a cross-functional team with a Product Manager and Designers as well as other internal teams to make decisions as a team
- Work in an agile team that is not afraid to identify what we’re doing wrong so we can fix it
- Produce work that doesn’t necessarily needs reviewing, but general approach may be
- Provide material feedback and coach junior engineers
- Understands the technical and business larger picture around your work
- Proactively suggest and apply small corrective actions on the existing code bases
- Be a team player! Work collaboratively with your team to ensure you are always using the best tech for the problem you’re solving
- Ability to mentor and train other Engineers in the team
- Experience with Object-Oriented programming
- Experience working in a product development environment
- Strong problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to build scalable solutions
- Strong communication skills
- Eager to learn from and share knowledge with others
- Enjoys analysing complex problems to find simple solutions for our customers
- Excited to work closely with product, design, and users with empathy and kindness
We’re on a mission that needs the right humans to help make ship happen!
Our core values haven’t changed since launch, and we embrace and celebrate these values in our day-to-day. We love to push the envelope to break though old norms, make good sh*t taking passion and pride in our work, have a laugh through the good and challenging times and, we are good humans - we have heart and want to improve the world we live in whilst having fun along the way.
We’re a great place to work and we can back that up. Shippit’s been ranked as #7 in Linkedin’s Hottest Startups to work at in 2019. We have a high-performance culture, everyone can make a difference, together we make great ship happen.
We have an overriding focus on wellness and are committed advocates for mental health awareness and gender pay equality & we’re committed to supporting and nurturing our team with perks like flexible work arrangements, above industry-standard parental leave and so much more!