Senior Business Development Representative
Los Gatos, CA /
About ShipScience: Shipping packages has become more complex every year. It is typically a top expense - and a constant headache - for those who sell online (eCommerce). ShipScience is an easy to deploy software platform/partner that helps thousands of businesses reduce parcel shipping costs (UPS, FedEx, DHL, etc) without any change in operations.
ShipScience leverages the combination of >$1B in proprietary shipping data points, parcel expertise, automation and AI to deliver an average of 26% parcel spend savings, as well as unmatched, actionable insights, to customers - backed by a savings guarantee.
ShipScience is building in the $188B domestic parcel market which is growing at 16% y/y.
Founded and funded by serial entrepreneur Anthony Robinson, ShipScience is cash flow positive, and has not taken on any outside capital to date.
We are currently seeking highly motivated, collaborative, entrepreneurial, sales professionals who want to get in on the ground-floor and grow with us.
What you'll do
- You will be focused on booking meetings for our Account Executives from a highly curated list of noteworthy e-commerce brands - which our research team has built out for you
- Drive pipeline growth through personalized, high-volume outreach (50-100 meaningful activities/day) to generate qualified selling opportunities through phone calls, emails, LinkedIn and other creative methods
- Tasked with managerial responsibilities when leadership is out of office
- Run one team-wide meeting every month
- Relied upon to be the BDR that sticks to the process 100% of the time, managing and mastering our CRM (HubSpot) and other tools
- Become the team expert in explaining the value of ShipScience to prospective customers
- Identify inefficiencies in our process and be a part of solutions to consider
What you'll need
- 1-2 yrs of experience being a BDR for a technology company
- At least 6-months of experience exceeding your BDR quota
- A desire for a career in sales
- A track record of high achievement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, high-performing startup environment
- The desire to meet and exceed measurable performance goals
- The ability to deal with and thrive on objections and rejection on a regular basis
- A great attitude and love for interdependent team collaboration
- A natural curiosity and growth mindset, always looking to improve
- We’re a profitable business and growing rapidly
- We guarantee our savings performance (cost savings is top of mind for every business owner)
- We’re customer-obsessed, staying in contact with our customers and building relationships
- Fast career growth for over-achievers
- Competitive benefits: Salary + performance bonuses, Medical + Dental Insurance, Flexible/unlimited PTO, 12 paid company holidays in addition to PTO, 401k matching, Education & Wellness reimbursement. All Mac environment and WeWork access. We believe in working hard and doing good and productive things for our team, our customers and our community. You can learn more about us here: https://shipscience.com/about
ShipScience is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. While we are interested in qualified applicants who are permanently eligible to work for any employer in the United States, we are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship for employment visas at this time. To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.