Recruiter (part time)
At Shiru we believe that food should be delicious and nourishing without negatively affecting our planet. Acknowledging our growing global population as well as the imminent effects of climate change, Shiru’s mission is to create better protein ingredients that will catapult us into a sustainable food future.
With our mission in mind, Shiru makes high quality, functional food proteins through better leveraging our precious environmental resources. To do this, we employ technologies originally created to solve problems in adjacent industries, including computational biology, machine learning, and industrial fermentation and bioprocessing.
We apply computational intelligence to find the most functional natural food proteins in the world, harnessing the inherent ability of microflora to produce them. We then partner with food and beverage companies to incorporate these unique protein ingredients into everyday products. Shiru is now expanding our team of dedicated professionals across multiple disciplines to make enhanced protein ingredients for a better world.
About the role
In this role, you will build the foundation of Shiru’s recruiting and hiring process. You will leverage recruiting tools, relevant job boards, and social media to publicize job openings and source candidates. You will perform phone screens and guide candidates through the interview process, representing Shiru’s brand and values throughout. You will partner with Shiru’s leadership team to create and customize recruiting strategies for each role. Success in this role involves finding creative and impactful ways to source great talent and building and executing a robust, customized interviewing processes with a focus on a superior candidate experience.
You have a “people first” attitude, and take pride in making sure that candidates have a great experience throughout the hiring process. You demonstrate professionalism in what you do with high emotional intelligence. A high growth, fast-paced, dynamic environment is one you thrive in and you are able to handle multiple searches effectively. You work quickly and thoroughly, enabled by your strong ability to communicate both orally and in writing. You demonstrate Shiru’s values of innovation, sustainability, and thoughtfulness and have a great ability to read people and identify and act when a candidate is a great fit.
- Drive Shiru’s hiring needs by sourcing and qualifying candidates, building and maintaining a strong candidate pipeline, evaluating and screening resumes, performing phone screens, coordinating and setting up candidate interview agendas, managing candidate communications, and negotiating offers with candidates to fill open positions
- Assist managers with drafting job descriptions
- Manage talent branding for Shiru through social media channels and networking
- Help ensure recruiting data in our ATS is always complete and up-to-date
- Provide a “best in class” candidate experience, maintaining contact, responsiveness, and transparency throughout the recruiting process
- You are able to work independently and are self-driven
- You are an outstanding communicator in both written and verbal interactions; you are clear, concise, and thoughtful
- You are generally flexible, self-motivated, resourceful, calm, and adaptive
- You are known for being an exceptional partner
- You are comfortable with a rapid pace of work in a dynamic environment
- You expect your work to be meaningful and to be part of a business dedicated to having a positive impact on the planet
- 3-5 years of successful recruiting experience including owning full cycle recruitment, preferably in the life sciences industry
- B.A. or B.S. in human resources, communications, social sciences, business, or related field
- Highly self-motivated, excellent time management and organizational skills, sense of urgency with the ability to work well with a closely-knit team environment
- Proficiency in Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS), Lever preferred
- Access to a LinkedIn Recruiter seat strongly preferred
- Excellent and effective written and verbal communication skills
At Shiru, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. We’re expecting your skills and passion to stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. Please join us in this singular opportunity to create the future of food!
Shiru is an equal opportunity employer and who values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Shiru offers competitive compensation and employee benefits along with an attractive equity package commensurate with candidate qualifications.