Electro Technical Officer (ETO) - Europe
We are a San Francisco and Paris based team retrofitting existing cargo ships with manned autonomous technologies. We are working to prevent the disasters caused by cargo ship accidents, reduce the emissions of the 52,000 cargo ships that pollute more than all the cars in the world, and improving the efficiency of the global economy.
In March we raised a 4 million dollar seed round, and started working with CMA CGM, the 3rd biggest container shipping line in the world. We are now developing our technology to several massive cargo ships all around the world. We are looking for experienced mariners to join the team and help us bring the industry to the next level.
We are looking for an Electro Technical Officer to join the team. The ETO mission is to install and maintain our systems while cargo ships are in port.
- Write installation proposal based on equipment and deck documentation
- Wire, Integrate and maintain our on-board systems on the deck of cargo ships all around the world
- Troubleshoot the on-board systems and technical issues related to deployed hardware
- Write installation documentation and train other technicians
Experience & Skills
- Authorization to work in France
- 2+ years as an Electro-Technical Officer (ETO)
- Thorough understanding of all navigation systems onboard of a ship: ECDIS, AIS, Radar etc.
- Ability to work successfully within a team of engineers to implement and test installations and equipment
- Willingness to travel all around the world to go on board of ships while they are in port
Nice to Have
- BS/MS in Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years of experience as an ETO
This position will require at least 1 month of training in our San Francisco office.
A few company highlights: