Senior Computer Vision Engineer
We are a San Francisco and Paris based team retrofitting existing cargo ships with autonomous technologies. We are working to prevent the disasters caused by cargo ship accidents, reduce the emissions of the 52,000 cargo ships that pollute more than all the cars in the world, and improving the efficiency of the global economy.
In March we raised a 4 million dollar seed round, and started working with CMA CGM, the 3rd biggest container shipping line in the world. We are now deploying our technology to several massive cargo ships all around the world. Our engineering team is made up of experienced and highly talented people.
We are looking for an experienced Senior computer vision engineer to join the team. The computer vision engineer mission is to lead the development of the computer vision stack, from sourcing the hardware to creating a reliable 3D representation of the environment surrounding cargo ship in any weather condition.
- Camera calibration
- Build a 3D model of the environment
- Semantic segmentation
- Distance estimation
- Object detection, classification and tracking
Experience & Skills
- Experience with SLAM
- Extensive understanding of 3D geometry theory
- Extensive programming experience in C++ or Python
- Experience with OpenCV
- Strong background in object oriented architecture, prioritizing testability, and reusability
Nice to have
- Experience with deep learning algorithms
- Experience in robotics, real time systems, embedded system, or self-driving technologies
- Experience sailing and willingness to explore the world on a cargo ship :)
A few company highlights: