2nd/3rd Engineer (US)
San Francisco, California
We are a San Francisco and Paris based team retrofitting existing cargo ships with manned autonomous technologies. We are working to prevent the disasters caused by cargo ship accidents, reduce the emissions of the 52,000 cargo ships that pollute more than all the cars in the world, and improving the efficiency of the global economy.
We have raised a 4 million dollar seed round, and started working with CMA CGM, the 3rd biggest container shipping line in the world. We are now developing our technology to several massive cargo ships all around the world. We are looking for experienced mariners to join the team and help us bring the industry to the next level.
We are looking for a 2nd or 3rd Engineer to join the team. They will install and maintain our systems while cargo ships are in port.
- Write an installation proposal based on equipment and deck documentation
- Wire, integrate, and maintain our on-board systems on the deck of cargo ships all around the world
- Troubleshoot systems and technical issues related to deployed hardware
- Write installation documentation and train other technicians
- Work closely with the engineering team to improve our infrastructure system
Experience & Skills
- 2+ years as an Electro-Technical Officer (ETO) or 2nd/3rd Engineer
- Willingness to travel around the world to go on board of ships while they are in port
- Thorough understanding of all navigation systems onboard of a ship: ECDIS, AIS, Radar etc.
- Ability to work successfully within a team of engineers to implement and test installations and equipment
Nice to Have
- 5+ years of experience as an ETO or 2nd/3rd Engineer
This position will require at least 1 week of training in our San Francisco, CA office and ability to travel to ship installation sites around the world.
A few company highlights: