[Core Identity] Sr. Software Engineer - Backend
Taipei, Taiwan /
Engineering – Software Engineering /
ShopBack : Better Shopping, Every Day.
The ShopBack Group is Asia-Pacific’s leading shopping and rewards platform, serving over 30 million shoppers across ten markets. Growing from a team of six back in 2014 to over seven hundred today, ShopBackers across the region come together with a singular mission: to make shopping rewarding, delightful, and accessible for all.
Joining forces with leading buy now, pay later (BNPL) player hoolah and with the launch of ShopBack Pay, the Group now offers shoppers a responsible and convenient payment option at checkout.
More than half a billion shopping trips start with ShopBack each year. The Group powers over US$3.5 billion in annual sales for over 10,000 online and in-store merchant partners, across categories ranging from fashion, beauty, F&B, electronics, travel and more. If you are passionate about building and scaling up businesses in this fast-growing landscape, come and join our growing ShopBack team!
【Core Identity Service】
As one of the key engineering teams in the Core Experience Family,
- We write our code once and deploy it to 9 countries for serving over 30 million users.
- We make the sign-up/in, authentication, and account management experience seamless and scalable -- peak at 560,000 TPM / 18,000 CCU in the year 2021.
- We develop analytical systems to minimize fraud to ShopBack and prevent account takeover to protect our users.
- We build the KYC (Know Your Customer) service that combines with the user identity as a holistic source of truth for ShopBack fintech products.
Our mission is to build a secure, scalable, and accurate core identity service which empowers ShopBack to deliver the best shopping experience.
We want you to be one of us toward the ultimate shopping experience journey.
**Check out our engineering blog: https://medium.com/shopback-engineering
- Design, build and improve the core identity service that scales at the crazy 1111 day.
- Design, build, and improve the verification components, including but not limited to biometric auth, OTP, and 2FA verification.
- Design, build, and improve the KYC services, including but not limited to IDV (Identity Document Verification) and AML (Anti-Money Laundering).
- Drive continuous improvement in the efficiency and flexibility of the platform and services
- Build and maintain highly scalable and reliable architecture on both front-end and back-end
- Build a great product that impacts consumer online behavior.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience on backend services with high throughput
- Hands-on experience working with NodeJS (Most Preferred)
- Experience working with cloud services like AWS, Heroku, or Google cloud platform
- Experience in different databases. Relational (PostgreSQL, MySQL, ...) or NoSQL(MongoDB, CouchDB, Cassandra)
- Extensive RESTful API development experience
- Experienced in Test Driven Development (TDD), continuous integration, continuous deployment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, a team player with strong analytical, problem-solving, debugging, and troubleshooting skills.
- Interest in exploring and learning the latest technologies in the industry.
- Able to work in a dynamic and diverse engineering culture - every day, we learn from each other, brainstorm and execute ideas, and have fun playing ping pong.