Software Engineer -Data (Internship)
Singapore, Singapore /
Engineering – Data /
Build the Smarter Way to Shop!
ShopBack, the #1 rewards and discovery platform in Asia-Pacific, enables shoppers across the region to shop ‘The Smarter Way”. It is a one-stop rewards and discovery platform for users to earn cashback, while delivering performance-based marketing to merchants. First launched in Singapore in 2014, ShopBack has since expanded its reach to Malaysia, Indonesia, the Philippines, Thailand, Taiwan, Australia, and more recently, Vietnam and Korea. In Singapore, the company has also extended its service offering with ShopBack GO, an app-based rewards platform for in-store shopping, dining, and entertainment. We are a passionate team that wants to drive innovation and build a product that we love and are all proud of!
ShopBack partners with over 3,000 merchants including Taobao, Expedia, Shopee, ZALORA to reward its users with cashback across a wide range of categories including general merchandise, travel bookings, fashion, health and beauty, groceries, and food delivery. To date, US$100m in cashback has been awarded to our over 20 million users.
We have global ambitions and are up against international incumbents in a rapidly emerging field! We are expanding our existing team and are looking for passionate talent across APAC to be part of this exciting journey. If you are inspired to take up new challenges and leave a mark on the e-commerce landscape, then come and be part of our growing ShopBack Family!
At this time, we are only able to consider candidates located ONLY in Singapore. However, we’d hope you continue to keep us in mind for other potential opportunities in the future.
This internship is for our Jan 2021 intake
About the role:
At ShopBack, our engineering teams build scalable platforms and utilize leading-edge technologies to build a world-class product. You will join a diverse and talented team of aspiring engineers with great ambitions to impact the eCommerce landscape. We are seeking team members who strive to solve the hard problems, take pride in delivering world-class products, and are strong team players.
You are someone who wants to see the impact of your work making a difference every day. You find passion in the craft and are constantly seeking improvement and better ways to solve tough problems.
What you'll do:
- Work collaboratively with other data team members and build data platforms/services for data analytics and data science teams
- Develop new ETL data pipelines and maintain existing pipelines
- Build tools to manage, automate and monitor our data and data processing infrastructure on AWS
- Manage and process large amounts of data in near real-time to deliver up-to-date metrics
- Build realtime streaming/processing pipeline
What we're looking for:
- Pursuing Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related major
- Good knowledge on data structure and algorithms and an ability to use them practically when implementing solutions
- Solid knowledge of SQL is required
- Some experience with relational or non-relational databases. eg MongoDB
- Collaborative, independent-thinking, and detail-oriented in how you approach projects
- Excellent communication ability and desire to thrive in a high-growth startup environment