Head of Business Development
Jakarta, Indonesia /
Commercial – Marketing /
Build the Smarter Way to Shop!
ShopBack, the #1 rewards and discovery platform in Asia-Pacific, enables shoppers across the region to shop ‘The Smarter Way”. It is a one-stop rewards and discovery platform for users to earn cashback, while delivering performance-based marketing to merchants. First launched in Singapore in 2014, ShopBack has since expanded its reach to Malaysia, Indonesia, the Philippines, Thailand, Taiwan, Australia, and more recently, Vietnam and Korea. In Singapore, the company has also extended its service offering with ShopBack GO, an app-based rewards platform for in-store shopping, dining, and entertainment. We are a passionate team that wants to drive innovation and build a product that we love and are all proud of!
ShopBack partners with over 3,000 merchants including Taobao, Expedia, Shopee, ZALORA to reward its users with cashback across a wide range of categories including general merchandise, travel bookings, fashion, health and beauty, groceries, and food delivery. To date, US$100m in cashback has been awarded to our over 20 million users.
We have global ambitions and are up against international incumbents in a rapidly emerging field! We are expanding our existing team and are looking for passionate talent across APAC to be part of this exciting journey. If you are inspired to take up new challenges and leave a mark on the e-commerce landscape, then come and be part of our growing ShopBack Family!
- Growing ShopBack's merchant base through new merchant partnerships, identifying the growth sectors and renewing the existing relationships.
- Conducting market analysis and research for existing and new merchants.
- Developing ideas for merchant campaigns, managing campaigns process and execution.
- Preparation of presentations to merchants.
- Project managing operational tasks related to merchant acquisition and management.
- End to end responsibility for merchant performance growth with focus on meeting merchants’ and ShopBack’s targets.
- Working directly with the Country General Manager and the regional merchants team to actively plan out strategies for business growth and merchant expansion.
- At least 5 years of experience in sales and marketing. Having eCommerce background is an advantage.
- Ability to derive and convey actionable insights from research and data.
- Able to think out of the box in conceptualizing ideas for merchant acquisition and management creativity and logical thinking would be key.
- Strong understanding of the Indonesia eCommerce landscape and consumer trends
- Must be comfortable with middle-level negotiations and have relationships with the marketing decision makers at eCommerce industries, traditional companies, or advertisement agencies.
- Always be looking for new ways to develop, grow and broaden relationships with merchants.
- Able to communicate effectively in English.
- Self-motivated and driven to excel.
- Enthusiastic and effective problem solver.