Machine Learning Engineer - Recommendation & Personalisation
Singapore, Singapore /
Engineering – Data /
Build the Smarter Way to Shop!
ShopBack, the #1 rewards and discovery platform in Asia-Pacific, enables shoppers across the region to shop "The Smarter Way”. It is a one-stop rewards and discovery platform for users to earn cashback, while delivering performance-based marketing to merchants. First launched in Singapore in 2014, ShopBack has since expanded its reach to Malaysia, Indonesia, the Philippines, Thailand, Taiwan, Australia, and more recently, Vietnam and Korea. In Singapore, the company has also extended its service offering with ShopBack GO, an app-based rewards platform for in-store shopping, dining, and entertainment. We are a passionate team that wants to drive innovation and build a product that we love and are all proud of!
ShopBack partners with over 4,000 merchants including Taobao, Expedia, Shopee, ZALORA to reward its users with cashback across a wide range of categories including general merchandise, travel bookings, fashion, health and beauty, groceries, and food delivery. To date, US$130m in cashback has been awarded to our over 20 million users.
We have global ambitions and are up against international incumbents in a rapidly emerging field! We are expanding our existing team and are looking for passionate talent across APAC to be part of this exciting journey. If you are inspired to take up new challenges and leave a mark on the e-commerce landscape, then come and be part of our growing ShopBack Family!
About the team:
The Data team is responsible for driving the adoption of data solutions across the company.
We focus on three main missions:
- Shopback’s Data Governance: Whole data lifecycle ; collection, storage, manipulation, retention, disposal… As well as the respect of legal compliance and data quality
- Empower ShopBackers to make data driven decisions: Usage and manipulation of data to create metrics, insights and detect patterns and promote a data driven culture
- Deliver a smarter experience to User and Merchants: Deliver Machine Learning products to improve the shopping experience for both the user and the merchant.
What you will be doing:
- Work on advanced Recommendation System to improve experience of ShopBack customers
- Code with the ability to scale with large data in near real-time
- Small and Big Data modeling work: Python, Scala, Spark
- Production deployment of ML Solution on Kubernetes
- Can communicate concisely and persuasively with engineers, product managers and business stakeholders
- Drive continuous improvement in the efficiency and flexibility of the services
- Perform Offline and Online Experimentation on ML Products and measure its success using data
- Significant prior success as a Machine Learning Engineer working on challenging problems at scale
- 3+ years of industrial ML experience, with expertise in modeling and statistical modeling
- Have full stack experience in data collection, aggregation, analysis, visualization, productionisation, and monitoring of ML products - aka MLOps
- Ability to develop ML Products with good engineering practice and mindset
- Strong desire to solve tough problems with scientific rigour at scale
- An understanding of the value derived from getting results early and iterating
- Ph.D. or M.S. in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Operations Research, Statistics, Econometrics or Mathematics
- Strong skills in Python and machine learning and deep learning libraries (Pytorch and Tensorflow)
- Passion to answer Product/Engineering questions with data