Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam /
Engineering – Design /
Build the Smarter Way to Shop!
ShopBack, the #1 rewards and discovery platform in Asia-Pacific, enables shoppers across the region to shop "The Smarter Way”. It is a one-stop rewards and discovery platform for users to earn cashback, while delivering performance-based marketing to merchants. First launched in Singapore in 2014, ShopBack has since expanded its reach to Malaysia, Indonesia, the Philippines, Thailand, Taiwan, Australia, and more recently, Vietnam and Korea. In Singapore, the company has also extended its service offering with ShopBack GO, an app-based rewards platform for in-store shopping, dining, and entertainment. We are a passionate team that wants to drive innovation and build a product that we love and are all proud of!
ShopBack partners with over 4,000 merchants including Taobao, Expedia, Shopee, ZALORA to reward its users with cashback across a wide range of categories including general merchandise, travel bookings, fashion, health and beauty, groceries, and food delivery. To date, US$130m in cashback has been awarded to our over 20 million users.
We have global ambitions and are up against international incumbents in a rapidly emerging field! We are expanding our existing team and are looking for passionate talent across APAC to be part of this exciting journey. If you are inspired to take up new challenges and leave a mark on the e-commerce landscape, then come and be part of our growing ShopBack Family!
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for highly motivated product designers to join our talented product design team. You’ll craft beautiful, elegant experiences that delight our customers alongside a distributed team of product managers and designers spread across multiple countries. You are knowledgeable about typography, colour and space, and can design exceptionally well for interfaces on native apps and the web. You understand that design is beyond just making things look pretty. You can come up with ideas and you care about usability. You are smart, curious, and eager to learn.
- Clearly articulate the web/app design vision and then collaborate closely with product owners and designers to ideate new products and features
- Identify design opportunities for increasing retention and engagement well beyond benchmark rates
- Create wireframes, visual designs, beautiful icons and elegant layouts for any type of device (desktop, mobile, tablet)
- Develop pixel-perfect specs and design documentation, based on product requirements
- Work within existing style guidelines and create a consistent look that aligns with Shopback’s brand
- Contribute to and maintain our overall design language and unique voice
- Become a catalyst more than a conformist to conventional app design trends and evangelize that same thinking inside the company
- Analyze data-driven insights and user research to inform design decisions
- Collaborate closely with engineers to ensure creative styles are within technical constraints
- Follow-up with engineers to iterate the product
- A strong work ethic, open mind and commitment to self-improvement
- Experience designing for an international audience, with a focus on Asia Pacific. Knowledge of localisation processes is a plus.
- Minimum 4 years of professional UI/UX design with web/mobile app focus
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in design or a related field
- Strong verbal, written, visual communication skills in English
- Extensive portfolio of work across multiple platforms
- Proficient in Figma, Sketch and Adobe Suite, Invision, or related prototyping software
- Basic understanding of HTML/CSS
- Attention to detail and consistency
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and able to collaborate with a team, as well as being able to work autonomously
- Passionate about being an integral part of solving complex problems with simple, easy-to-use solutions
- Comfortable giving and receiving critical design feedback
- Ability to present design in the context of strategy and user/cultural insights with a persuasive, collaborative approach
- Committed to meeting deadlines and skilled at handling multiple projects simultaneously
- Self-driven, independent with commitment to excellence
Do make sure to include a portfolio link in your CV.