Head of Partnerships
Seoul, South Korea /
Commercial – Sales /
Build the Smarter Way to Shop!
ShopBack, the #1 rewards and discovery platform in Asia-Pacific, enables shoppers across the region to shop ‘The Smarter Way”. It is a one-stop rewards and discovery platform for users to earn cashback, while delivering performance-based marketing to merchants. First launched in Singapore in 2014, ShopBack has since expanded its reach to Malaysia, Indonesia, the Philippines, Thailand, Taiwan, Australia, and more recently, Vietnam and Korea. In Singapore, the company has also extended its service offering with ShopBack GO, an app-based rewards platform for in-store shopping, dining, and entertainment. We are a passionate team that wants to drive innovation and build a product that we love and are all proud of!
ShopBack partners with over 3,000 merchants including Taobao, Expedia, Shopee, ZALORA to reward its users with cashback across a wide range of categories including general merchandise, travel bookings, fashion, health and beauty, groceries, and food delivery. To date, US$100m in cashback has been awarded to our over 20 million users.
We have global ambitions and are up against international incumbents in a rapidly emerging field! We are expanding our existing team and are looking for passionate talent across APAC to be part of this exciting journey. If you are inspired to take up new challenges and leave a mark on the e-commerce landscape, then come and be part of our growing ShopBack Family!
- Lead analysis of partnership status, including scope of opportunity, new customer growth, revenue outcomes, legal considerations, etc.
- Oversee new customer acquisition through external partnerships in various industries i.e. banks, credit cards, digital service providers, travel, leisure, retail, etc.
- Evaluates strategic considerations, such as strength and weaknesses, and develops plans to optimize strategic impact of partnerships, i.e. increase new customers and also increase merchant commissions
- Leads negotiations with existing and new partners with respect to product development and commercial collaboration.
- Builds deep and trusting relationships with C-level executives at partner firms in order to promote collaboration, support visioning of growth areas and facilitate negotiations.
- Understands and evaluates existing partnership contractual underpinnings, identifies risks and opportunities and communicates details effectively to related teams in ShopBack.
- Partner with internal teams to create plan for partnership development and expansion
- Coordinates execution of plan with internal stakeholders and facilitates follow through
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experiences
- Minimum 7 years of experience in commercial roles (e.g. business development, new customer acquisition, strategic alliance, B2B sales, MOU based partnerships, etc.)
- Established network of contacts and considerable experience closing deals within the given time
- Superior relationship-building skills and stellar track record of developing new partnerships/deals with multiple stakeholders
- Comfortable leading internal/external conversations with market leading corporations, high-profile brands and agency partners.
- Meaningful focus in startup or financial, travel services ecosystems, with working knowledge of the landscape and relationships with key players, to drive immediate impact
- Experience in building, leading and inspiring a team
- Ambitious self-starter, who will be able to deliver results
- Determined, positive attitude that will rub off on your colleagues and business process
- Ability to look ahead and balance strategic projects and initiatives with tactical day-to-day reporting and management cadence