Staff/ Senior Software Engineer in Test
Singapore, Singapore /
Engineering – Software Engineering /
Build the Smarter Way to Shop!
ShopBack, the #1 rewards and discovery platform in Asia-Pacific, enables shoppers across the region to shop "The Smarter Way”. It is a one-stop rewards and discovery platform for users to earn cashback, while delivering performance-based marketing to merchants. First launched in Singapore in 2014, ShopBack has since expanded its reach to Malaysia, Indonesia, the Philippines, Thailand, Taiwan, Australia, and more recently, Vietnam and Korea. In Singapore, the company has also extended its service offering with ShopBack GO, an app-based rewards platform for in-store shopping, dining, and entertainment. We are a passionate team that wants to drive innovation and build a product that we love and are all proud of!
ShopBack partners with over 4,000 merchants including Taobao, Expedia, Shopee, ZALORA to reward its users with cashback across a wide range of categories including general merchandise, travel bookings, fashion, health and beauty, groceries, and food delivery. To date, US$130m in cashback has been awarded to our over 20 million users.
We have global ambitions and are up against international incumbents in a rapidly emerging field! We are expanding our existing team and are looking for passionate talent across APAC to be part of this exciting journey. If you are inspired to take up new challenges and leave a mark on the e-commerce landscape, then come and be part of our growing ShopBack Family!
- Improve coverage of new and existing platforms, inclusive of native mobile and responsive web apps
- Improve and maintain test automation across our entire tech stack
- Improve our test automation frameworks, refactoring or implementing new frameworks and infrastructure from the ground up if required
- Write, maintain, and run tests. Analyse test results and prepare quality reports
- Identify bugs in new and existing code, determine root causes, and suggest possible bug fixes
- Collaborate with QA engineers across our 3 technology hubs to improve service quality and delivery velocity
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Strong ability to create test plans, intuitive understanding of where and how software will fail
- Proficiency in and experience with applying general software engineering methodologies and principles
- Strong understanding of automation test methodologies, tools, and techniques
- Proficient with frameworks such as Appium, Selenium, WebdriverIO, Browserstack, Cypress.io, etc
- Experience working with version control systems such as Git in a large code base which has multiple contributing teams
- Experience implementing, using, and applying DevOps technologies and concepts such as CI/CD, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes etc.
- Experience with mobile application build/release management