Marketing Lead (Financial Services)
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia /
Marketing – Marketing /
The ShopBack Group is Asia-Pacific’s leading shopping, rewards, and payments platform, serving over 40 million shoppers across ten markets.
Driven by the vision to become the world's most rewarding way to shop, ShopBack is dedicated to saving members money and time, while delivering delightful experiences with every purchase. The platform also enables merchants and brands to engage with their members in a cost-effective manner.
Founded in 2014, ShopBack now powers over US$3.7 billion in annual sales for over 15,000 online and in-store partners, with over half a million transactions happening via the platform daily. In 2022, ShopBack expanded its offerings into the realm of financial services with the launch of ShopBack Pay and PayLater - providing members with responsible and convenient payment options at checkout, while empowering partners with more ways to engage potential customers.
The role will be responsible for leading all the work related to marketing activities in collaboration with ShopBack PayLater’s merchant partners. You will manage the strategy and implementation to grow and ensure success for merchant partners across various verticals, online and in-store. You pride yourself on staying current with the latest consumer trends and marketing engagements. You’re creative, analytical and strategic — oftentimes wearing all three hats at once to ensure the business consistently acquires and converts users through successful merchant marketing initiatives.
- Develop and implement effective marketing campaigns and initiatives across online and offline channels with the aim of growing user metrics for the business as well as ensuring merchant success
- Be able to clearly demonstrate the brand value of ShopBack PayLater to deliver the right messaging to our merchants and consumers
- Effectively manage all stakeholders responsible for the successful implementation of marketing efforts including internal (business development, account management, local marketing team and cross-functional teams) & external (agencies, partners, merchants) teams
- Collaborate with and actively support Business Development and KAM teams to ensure merchant partners continue to grow on the the ShopBack platform
- Own and manage the local budget planning in order to maximize efficiency of the budget across all channels such as campaigns, social media, performance marketing, OOH, in-store marketing, events, and PR
- Continuously seek insights on local consumer trends and the activities of competitors, ensuring that ShopBack is always ahead of the game
- Understand key user, business and marketing performance metrics and tracking tools to provide reports, analysis, forecasts and ongoing assessments against ShopBack’s goals
- A strong track record of 6-8 years’ experience in marketing with a mix of digital, offline, brand, performance marketing, partnership, user acquisition and retention. Retail marketing experience is a plus
- Strong strategic and analytical skills
- Experience in lifestyle, e-commerce and retail business is highly desired
- Excellent written and oral communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- A start-up attitude - highly collaborative with an entrepreneurial, roll-up-your sleeves attitude
- Strong team management, project management and decision making skills
- Advanced knowledge in social media and influencers marketing is preferred
- Extensive experience leading and planning marketing initiatives that deliver results and ability to tell stories that can drive fan engagement across platforms