Senior Database Administrator
Singapore, Singapore /
Engineering – Data /
Build the Smarter Way to Shop!
ShopBack, the #1 rewards and discovery platform in Asia-Pacific, enables shoppers across the region to shop ‘The Smarter Way”. It is a one-stop rewards and discovery platform for users to earn cashback, while delivering performance-based marketing to merchants. First launched in Singapore in 2014, ShopBack has since expanded its reach to Malaysia, Indonesia, the Philippines, Thailand, Taiwan, Australia, and more recently, Vietnam and Korea. In Singapore, the company has also extended its service offering with ShopBack GO, an app-based rewards platform for in-store shopping, dining, and entertainment. We are a passionate team that wants to drive innovation and build a product that we love and are all proud of!
ShopBack partners with over 3,000 merchants including Taobao, Expedia, Shopee, ZALORA to reward its users with cashback across a wide range of categories including general merchandise, travel bookings, fashion, health and beauty, groceries, and food delivery. To date, US$100m in cashback has been awarded to our over 20 million users.
We have global ambitions and are up against international incumbents in a rapidly emerging field! We are expanding our existing team and are looking for passionate talent across APAC to be part of this exciting journey. If you are inspired to take up new challenges and leave a mark on the e-commerce landscape, then come and be part of our growing ShopBack Family!
This role is open for candidates located ONLY in Singapore
What you’ll be doing:
At ShopBack our team acts as the bridge that ties everyone together through data. As data in ShopBack never stops growing, this team also never stops learning, innovating and expanding so that we can produce the best data solutions using relevant technology to ensure the company's continued success.
- Manage and ensure the AWS RDS MySQL and Postgres platforms are always available, fast and highly scalable to accommodate unprecedented demand
- Monitor and update security the databases and its data: this will include user management, permissions, and encryption
- Responsible for data schema management for new and updated requirements
- Drive continuous improvements in the efficiency and flexibility of our platform and services requirements.
- Ensure data integrity and protections: Backups and recovery, data consistency
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing common RDBMS platforms such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, Hive
- Proven experience with one or more of scripting languages: Bash, Python or T-SQL
- Working knowledge of NoSQL databases, such as Cassandra, MongoDB, ElasticSearch
- Familiar with CI/CD process
- Experience deploying databases on cloud AWS
- Experience in managing OLAP environments is a big plus