Business Development Lead
Seoul, South Korea /
Commercial – Sales /
Build the Smarter Way to Shop!
ShopBack, the #1 rewards and discovery platform in Asia-Pacific, enables shoppers across the region to shop ‘The Smarter Way”. It is a one-stop rewards and discovery platform for users to earn cashback, while delivering performance-based marketing to merchants. First launched in Singapore in 2014, ShopBack has since expanded its reach to Malaysia, Indonesia, the Philippines, Thailand, Taiwan, Australia, and more recently, Vietnam and Korea. In Singapore, the company has also extended its service offering with ShopBack GO, an app-based rewards platform for in-store shopping, dining, and entertainment. We are a passionate team that wants to drive innovation and build a product that we love and are all proud of!
ShopBack partners with over 3,000 merchants including Taobao, Expedia, Shopee, ZALORA to reward its users with cashback across a wide range of categories including general merchandise, travel bookings, fashion, health and beauty, groceries, and food delivery. To date, US$100m in cashback has been awarded to our over 20 million users.
We have global ambitions and are up against international incumbents in a rapidly emerging field! We are expanding our existing team and are looking for passionate talent across APAC to be part of this exciting journey. If you are inspired to take up new challenges and leave a mark on the e-commerce landscape, then come and be part of our growing ShopBack Family!
- To be part of a team in driving our business development efforts.
- Evaluate, negotiate, and acquire key merchant partners that would support the company’s business plan and goals.
- Conduct market and potential clients’ research for our target category and establish a long-term positive relationship with merchant partners.
- Develop ideas for merchant campaigns, managing campaigns process and execution.
- Research and explore new business and market opportunities.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to decide go-to-market strategy and execution plans to reach company goals.
- At least 3 years of experience in sales and business development – Having eCommerce background in Marketplaces, Fashion and Travel would be a strong advantage
- Proficiency in Korean a must
- Proven experience in sales/business development/account management
- Exhibit strong awareness of consumer trends in e-commerce with an ability to ideate and execute campaigns to drive growth for the business
- Solution selling: Account growth. Always be looking for new ways to develop, grow and broaden the relationship with the clients.
- Able to think out of the box in conceptualizing ideas for merchant acquisition and management – creativity and logical thinking would be key!
- Self-motivated and driven to excel and deliver.
- Must be comfortable with C-level negotiations and have relationships with top decision makers.