Head of Business Development
Singapore, Singapore /
Commercial – Sales /
Build the Smarter Way to Shop!
ShopBack, the #1 rewards and discovery platform in Asia-Pacific, enables shoppers across the region to shop ‘The Smarter Way”. It is a one-stop rewards and discovery platform for users to earn cashback, while delivering performance-based marketing to merchants. First launched in Singapore in 2014, ShopBack has since expanded its reach to Malaysia, Indonesia, the Philippines, Thailand, Taiwan, Australia, and more recently, Vietnam and Korea. In Singapore, the company has also extended its service offering with ShopBack GO, an app-based rewards platform for in-store shopping, dining, and entertainment. We are a passionate team that wants to drive innovation and build a product that we love and are all proud of!
ShopBack partners with over 3,000 merchants including Taobao, Expedia, Shopee, ZALORA to reward its users with cashback across a wide range of categories including general merchandise, travel bookings, fashion, health and beauty, groceries, and food delivery. To date, US$100m in cashback has been awarded to our over 20 million users.
We have global ambitions and are up against international incumbents in a rapidly emerging field! We are expanding our existing team and are looking for passionate talent across APAC to be part of this exciting journey. If you are inspired to take up new challenges and leave a mark on the e-commerce landscape, then come and be part of our growing ShopBack Family!
- Growing ShopBack’s merchant base through new merchant partnerships, renewing existing relationships, and identifying potential new sectors or solutions to drive greater value to merchants
- End-to-end responsibility on merchant growth with focus on meeting merchants’ and ShopBack targets. This includes developing ideas for merchant campaigns, pitching, execution, and performance review with merchant partners
- Directly involved in the ideation, incubation and scaling of new use cases and solutions
- Lead, manage and grow a team of Account Managers and Business Development Managers to exceed their targets
- Working closely with the Country General Manager and Regional Merchants Team to actively plan out strategies for business growth and merchant expansion
- At least 5 years of experience in sales and account management with a proven track record of driving business impact
- Experience in eCommerce, marketing / advertising agencies, and/or account management is an advantage
- Must be comfortable with middle and senior-level negotiations and have a strong understanding of the eCommerce landscape and consumer trends in Singapore
- Able to communicate (written and verbal) effectively in English, conversational in Chinese is a plus
- Ability to derive and convey actionable insights from research and data
- Strong interpersonal skills with good analytical skills
- Enthusiastic and effective problem solver