Singapore, Singapore /
Engineering – Software Engineering /
Build the Smarter Way to Shop!
ShopBack, the #1 rewards and discovery platform in Asia-Pacific, enables shoppers across the region to shop ‘The Smarter Way”. It is a one-stop rewards and discovery platform for users to earn cashback, while delivering performance-based marketing to merchants. First launched in Singapore in 2014, ShopBack has since expanded its reach to Malaysia, Indonesia, the Philippines, Thailand, Taiwan, Australia, and more recently, Vietnam and Korea. In Singapore, the company has also extended its service offering with ShopBack GO, an app-based rewards platform for in-store shopping, dining, and entertainment. We are a passionate team that wants to drive innovation and build a product that we love and are all proud of!
ShopBack partners with over 3,000 merchants including Taobao, Expedia, Shopee, ZALORA to reward its users with cashback across a wide range of categories including general merchandise, travel bookings, fashion, health and beauty, groceries, and food delivery. To date, US$100m in cashback has been awarded to our over 20 million users.
We have global ambitions and are up against international incumbents in a rapidly emerging field! We are expanding our existing team and are looking for passionate talent across APAC to be part of this exciting journey. If you are inspired to take up new challenges and leave a mark on the e-commerce landscape, then come and be part of our growing ShopBack Family!
At this time, we are only able to consider candidates located ONLY in Singapore. However, we’d hope you continue to keep us in mind for other potential opportunities in the future.
What you'll do:
- Ability to define, forecast and document metrics for engineering excellence and designing processes to deliver
- Able to articulate the product vision and drive the future roadmap with strong business acumen
- Partner with the product team to set engineering priorities, estimate scope of work, define release schedules, and track progress.
- Fostering technical skill development and professional growth of team members using coaching and hands-on learning
- Ensuring engineers have the right tools, training and support to be successful
What we're looking for:
- Minimum of 3 years managing a technical team of 8 or more engineers in a fast paced environment
- Experience working in a production engineering environment or leading teams building high-scale systems
- Track record of managing, recruiting, and retaining strong engineering talent and growing effective teams
- Ability to lead the technical direction of the team by engaging in technical discussions and be an advocate for best practices
- Proven expertise in building large-scale web applications and distributed systems