Senior Software Engineer- Backend (Affiliate Cashback)
Engineering – Software Engineering /
Build the Smarter Way to Shop!
ShopBack, the #1 rewards and discovery platform in Asia-Pacific, enables shoppers across the region to shop ‘The Smarter Way”. It is a one-stop rewards and discovery platform for users to earn cashback, while delivering performance-based marketing to merchants. First launched in Singapore in 2014, ShopBack has since expanded its reach to Malaysia, Indonesia, the Philippines, Thailand, Taiwan, Australia, and more recently, Vietnam and Korea. In Singapore, the company has also extended its service offering with ShopBack GO, an app-based rewards platform for in-store shopping, dining, and entertainment. We are a passionate team that wants to drive innovation and build a product that we love and are all proud of!
ShopBack partners with over 3,000 merchants including Taobao, Expedia, Shopee, ZALORA to reward its users with cashback across a wide range of categories including general merchandise, travel bookings, fashion, health and beauty, groceries, and food delivery. To date, US$100m in cashback has been awarded to our over 20 million users.
We have global ambitions and are up against international incumbents in a rapidly emerging field! We are expanding our existing team and are looking for passionate talent across APAC to be part of this exciting journey. If you are inspired to take up new challenges and leave a mark on the e-commerce landscape, then come and be part of our growing ShopBack Family!
Team Affiliate Cashback
Are you looking to join an engineering team that is scaling rapidly? A team that is navigating between quick software delivery that must scale quickly while contending with good software quality for long term stability? We’re working on new features every week while ensuring existing features keep up with the growth of ShopBack.
A taste of our scale and reach:
Collaborate with cross-functional teams across 8 countries, serving more than 17 million customers who drive more than 16Million orders monthly from merchants both online as well as offline stores. We expect tremendous growth and we must ensure our platforms and engineering systems are scaling at this current pace
We deploy to production daily and roll out multiple large features every quarter delivering immediate impact to our customers as well as our trusted merchants. With support from the Site Reliability Team, our team is responsible for the smooth operations of more than 10 applications, which runs on more than 500 EC2 instances across 3 AWS regions running on any normal day and scaling up over 10x during peak periods. ShopBack Engineering currently manages over 1800 EC2 instances as a whole on any normal day.
Our work is focused on the backend stack but still has requirements for some frontend work. Our backend stack runs on NodeJS and PHP backed by MySQL and MongoDB hosted in AWS. Newer frontend applications are based on React 16.
We are a ...
- Team, located in Singapore, one of over 10 teams in ShopBack Engineering that spans 3 engineering hubs in Singapore, Taiwan and Vietnam.
- Self-organizing development Team consisting of diverse background and professional experiences, together with a product owner supported by an engineering manager
- Plan, design and build features that empower our business and delivers impact to our customers
- Read code, write code, debug code and re-write code
- Perform code reviews of each other’s PRs to ensure correctness and maintain software quality
- Collaborate daily to deploy valuable features frequently
- Optimize existing CI/CD pipelines to enable even faster feature deliveries
- Contribute to and promote good software engineering practices across the teams
Together with other engineers on the team, you will be expected to..
You are expected to have:
- 4+ years of experience supporting complex distributed systems
- Built distributed systems that have been deployed to production which consists of more than 2 or more custom-built application working together with 3 or more other ready-made systems
- Understanding of good software design principles and have applied principle to professional work
- Had practical experience addressing issues of concurrent systems
- Understanding of SQL and NoSQL and have had experience optimizing these databases for performance
- Experience with resolving issues like OOM, network call errors and slow API responses, hitting 3rd party API limits etc